Corney's Interview

Thought he gave plenty of assurances and it must be remembered he did try to rescue the club (successfully) from being relegated last season.

He seems prepared to fund SR too where required.

All in all I'm more upbeat than before the interview.

A good win tonight at Port Vale would really lift the spirits though (my thoughts).

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to the interview.Found Simon to be open and honest.Will be interested to see if those that are mentioned turn up for a meeting though I don't. think they will.He is trying his best to keep the club afloat whilst at the same time trying to find a buyer that would be right for the club.He cannot take the club into the championship with his finances but neither will he walk away and leave us in administration.I try and get up for matches from Bristol whenever I can to Support the club.Those that can only post negative :censored: should put up or shut up.The offer is there.

Guest nonaenever

OAFC needs the fans right now to rally. We cannot rely on someone coming in with pots of cash. Lets pick a game and drag as many along as we can to show our support and that we do still care.

Agree - and have already suggested Southend at home 17th December - would be great for all lapsed fans - and all that care - to turn out and show we do want a professional football club in the town

Think I'll have to keep my head down at home in Rochdale, Dale fans are understandably less than impressed with that interview. FFS where did it all go so wrong at our once great little football club?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/182619/oldham-doing-a-bury/#52

We'll pay when we want

We'll pay when we want.....

We are the Oldham

We'll pay when we want

:-)

Agree - and have already suggested Southend at home 17th December - would be great for all lapsed fans - and all that care - to turn out and show we do want a professional football club in the town

Peterborough at home this saturday. A chance to make a small dent into the money owed?

They can also make their feelings about Corney heard before/after the game aswell if they want (not that it would change much)...

I can see the media headline now;

'Spend Spend Spend see Latics v Southend'.

Guest nonaenever

But not many answers.

To be fair, I think he said (or certainly alluded to the fact) that he did not have all the answers. It was difficult finding a buyer for a club in our division and appealed to the fans for help in this regard. Perfectly good call. Someone, somewhere within our wider fan base may well prove to be a catalyst for finding investment.

Guest nonaenever

Peterborough at home this saturday. A chance to make a small dent into the money owed?

They can also make their feelings about Corney heard before/after the game aswell if they want (not that it would change much)...

perhaps too quickly coming around to rally support properly though, Rob?

We need a game that the fans turn out in force. Its one game, where the politics are put one side and we show our support to this club. Posh maybe too soon to publicise anything and raise awareness. For this to work, the trust, the club and local media need to come together for this "supporters" match. Make it fancy dress, get a few old boys along and some family entertainment and publicise that the club needs us all to come together.

We need a game that the fans turn out in force. Its one game, where the politics are put one side and we show our support to this club. Posh maybe too soon to publicise anything and raise awareness. For this to work, the trust, the club and local media need to come together for this "supporters" match. Make it fancy dress, get a few old boys along and some family entertainment and publicise that the club needs us all to come together.

There's a timewarp in here - that was exactly the format of SAFE days back in 2001.

perhaps too quickly coming around to rally support properly though, Rob?

It probably is. It's unfortunate that P'boro is to soon and Southend is the week before Christmas.

As Whitts say we'd need the club, trust and media working together (might be slightly hard with the media after that interview though!).

Hopefully we can get a few wins which would massively help any effort.

Just listened to it - open, honest and sincere. Quite simply that and respect him for it.

I'm most pleased we've got a chairman who, for all faults or alternative intentions, will actually give a manager a chance to develop and learn. We may well be boring right now, but we've got some decent players and with the right additions in January we could be half decent.

Maybe we can cut a deal with Poundland to sell £1 tickets for the Southend game?...(tongue in cheek of course).

Edited by BP1960