Corney's Interview

Basically it's all our fault for the unpaid bills. He said he wouldn't slag us off if we didn't pay our bills at home so we shouldn't do the same.. it's Rochdale's fault that we're under an embargo (because they leaked it). The man has officially lost it.

Also called out a few on here for speaking their mind and has welcomed them into the club to speak to him and for

it to be recorded.

So when he can actually be bothered to be in the country again, I'd love to be invited in to take him to task. Anyone else?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically it's all our fault for the unpaid bills. He said he wouldn't slag us off if we didn't pay our bills at home so we shouldn't do the same.. it's Rochdale's fault that we're under an embargo (because they leaked it). The man has officially lost it.

Also called out a few on here for speaking their mind and has welcomed them into the club to speak to him and for

it to be recorded.

So when he can actually be bothered to be in the country again, I'd love to be invited in to take him to task. Anyone else?

Wow...how people hear the same interview in totally different ways!!!

it to be recorded.

You must have listened to a different interview to me. Found that to be an open, honest and refreshing. A chairman who accepts making mistakes but who cares and is trying hard to move the club forward with limited resources. He seeks investment but has to be right for the club. We have cash flow problems but are not alone. And an invitation to meet him from those who love to criticise - over to you!

OAFC needs the fans right now to rally. We cannot rely on someone coming in with pots of cash. Lets pick a game and drag as many along as we can to show our support and that we do still care.

Honest interview. Glad he called out those he did. Would love to see them stutter and mumble when presented with facts that made them look as stupid as most know they are.

Obviously his comments have already been massively taken out of context and twisted beyond belief. Those will now become facts for people to band around on here.

If you can't watch it he basically said

-yes we owe Rochdale money, happens all time between league 1 clubs and normally kept under wraps but the bills always get paid.

- rightly called out the ***** on here who constantly slag him off and post absolute BS to go and meet with him and said the books are open for anyone to look at

- the figures mentioned here by those ITK are horse :censored: and that if someone comes to buy the club that will do right by the club then the price will not be an issue

- been China twice recently. Most investors want prem or championship clubs which makes sense so they are trying to convince these people that with the right investment we could be taken there

- gerrard is injured. Corney wants him when fit. Wanted him at beginning. Robbo doesn't want any of the free agents currently out there but as and when he does want players, as he has done in the past, he will give the manager the funds

-300k owed to HMRC and wages due this week so they will be paid as they always end up being.

-99% of fans are brilliant but disappointed with those who verbally abuse manager and players at games.

-O'Driscoll isn't here 7 days a week but is available whenever manager needs him and they sit and go through each game afterwards and he also comes in and helps with the players

If I've missed anything off apologies.

If I haven't twisted his words enough for you tough :censored:

Honest interview. Glad he called out those he did. Would love to see them stutter and mumble when presented with facts that made them look as stupid as most know they are.

Obviously his comments have already been massively taken out of context and twisted beyond belief. Those will now become facts for people to band around on here.

If you can't watch it he basically said

-yes we owe Rochdale money, happens all time between league 1 clubs and normally kept under wraps but the bills always get paid.

- rightly called out the ***** on here who constantly slag him off and post absolute BS to go and meet with him and said the books are open for anyone to look at

- the figures mentioned here by those ITK are horse :censored: and that if someone comes to buy the club that will do right by the club then the price will not be an issue

- been China twice recently. Most investors want prem or championship clubs which makes sense so they are trying to convince these people that with the right investment we could be taken there

- gerrard is injured. Corney wants him when fit. Wanted him at beginning. Robbo doesn't want any of the free agents currently out there but as and when he does want players, as he has done in the past, he will give the manager the funds

-300k owed to HMRC and wages due this week so they will be paid as they always end up being.

-99% of fans are brilliant but disappointed with those who verbally abuse manager and players at games.

-O'Driscoll isn't here 7 days a week but is available whenever manager needs him and they sit and go through each game afterwards and he also comes in and helps with the players

If I've missed anything off apologies.

If I haven't twisted his words enough for you tough :censored:

Excellent summary, some people on here will pick holes in anything Corney does. He probably shouldn't listen too carefully to a small number of posters who would find fault in a promotion year.

I am intrigued at where £300k for HMRC is going to appear from.

A high interest loan probably, seen as our credit rating is probably taking a spanking as we fail to pay our existing loan fees in a timely manner.

Edited by sjk2008

it to be recorded.

On the basis of the listening skills you've displayed, it'll be like watching that Catherine Tate 'whatever' sketch if you ever got a chat with him...

Think I'll have to keep my head down at home in Rochdale, Dale fans are understandably less than impressed with that interview. FFS where did it all go so wrong at our once great little football club?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/182619/oldham-doing-a-bury/#52

I couldn't care less what dale fans think.....