Taking up the Offer to Meet the Chairman

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

Good morning,

There are comments regarding the topic title on several different threads. The Chairman gave an open invitation - and it would be bonkers to miss out on such an opportunity for a recorded interview. It's a chance for questions to be formulated properly such that the fans gain an insight into all the things that are concerning them - and some issues that they might wish to give a pat on the back for too.

So, I will definitely be taking the offer up. The Chairman has left a message on voicemail regarding my thread "OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter", so, makes sense to kill 2 birds with one stone in any event.

Who wants to attend to meet the Chairman with me please? ​Suggest we start to get this co-ordinated and look at convenient times and dates for all parties.

May I suggest initially that, instead of questions scattered here, there and everywhere on here, you email them to :-

oafc2016@btinternet.com

I can then collate them all, de-duplicate where the subject matter is the same - then post the list of questions on here unedited ​and people can then decide if there needs to be any fine tuning, editing and/or any additional questions that may have been missed.

This is a great opportunity - let's not let it slip by tamely.

Guest nonaenever

I'm fighting a few health battles at the moment so I'm not best placed to support at present.

Thanks for the offer though. It would have been a yes in better circumstances.

Sorry to hear that - puts things into perspective a bit too, opinions - it's football at the end of the day - important to us as fans but, clearly, health is far, far more important. Would never pry into personal issues - genuine best wishes though that you soon get fully recovered and raring to go :chubb:

Aswell as questions and demanding answers about things that have already happened - what do we actually want him to do from hereon in?

Is that not more important?

I don't want to hear him justify & sugarcoat :censored: decisions (which he will) that have already been made and that we're already suffering because of...

Most of us want stability and continuity on and off the pitch - can he give assurances that, within reason, we'll hang on to the manager (if we want to) and do our utmost to hang on to our best players?

The constant revolving door for players seems like a false economy to many of us with having to pay signing on fees every summer. Rochdale seem to hang on to a core of players medium to long term - can we start to do this in the future?

When we sell players can we start negotiating a bit harder & hold out for bigger fees? - the perception is we don't and the fact we don't must contribute to situations like this transfer embargo.

What are you going to do moving forward to make sure you don't have to transfer £140k to cover bills that better running of the club would have prevented you from having to do?

Edited by HarryBosch

Guest nonaenever

Harry - excellent points you make - you are right, we can do nothing about the second that has just passed - never mind the last few years - so an emphasis on the future is crucial. I think people will want re-assurance, though, that the club has learnt from past mistakes. Your very valid points will be included on the list, Harry - cheers

Guest nonaenever

Can you congratulate him from me on showing Yarddog for what he actually is? Thanks.

Also tell him I want Robbo to at least have summer transfer window. Someone needs time at some point

mcfluff - thank you - recently, I`ve not been Robbo's biggest fan (I thought the start to the season was actually quite reasonable given all the circs - we then regressed in my view). However, all things told, I am starting to come round to the viewpoint of "give him proper time" and your point is well made - cheers.

This is a great idea / thread Nonaenever

Mods can we flush out any nasty/personal/unhelpful posts please? There are many other threads for them. Its important for constructive posts and ideas like Bosch and O4U to be aired without fear.

This

Guest nonaenever

Thank you for the responses - and the emails with questions are coming through now - good stuff. dpwild - that's great - I`ll collate some times/dates in due course but, in reality, I think we will pretty much have to run with dates the Chairman has available.

All questions posted on here and in emails will be pulled together, de-duplicated where possible and posted on here for final comment before we produce a final draft of the questions.

Thanks again - really appreciated.

Thank you for the responses - and the emails with questions are coming through now - good stuff. dpwild - that's great - I`ll collate some times/dates in due course but, in reality, I think we will pretty much have to run with dates the Chairman has available.

All questions posted on here and in emails will be pulled together, de-duplicated where possible and posted on here for final comment before we produce a final draft of the questions.

Thanks again - really appreciated.

the question I have is, with the income of approx, 3000 fans fortnightly, how does the chairman and his board plan to address this and take the club forward.

I will email some questions over later too!

The questions that need to be asked, are the ones which are going to hold him accountable 100%.

Such as the SportsDirect sponsorship deal which was said to have plunged us into the top half of the table in terms of budget, where has the money actually gone.

Furthermore, questions concerning the Lancaster club which was resold to Oldham Council for 5.5 million and the 700,000 grant we received on top of it, where has that money gone.

Also, the profits made from other land sold, such as the Clayton which is now the housings and the other carpark which is now owned by the hospital, million-pound deals vanished into thin air.

And finally, what is the deal with the new stand, as it seem extremely strange to me that you can build a stand, register it as a completely separate company (oec) and then put yourself, along with Blitz and Gazal (who supposedly have nothing to do with us anymore) as directors.

Edited by Danbright12