GMR tonight

That is where I have an issue. Hardly any are getting past first base, and not looking closely, they give up at the first hurdle.

There isn't journalist in the land that doesn't allude to knowing more when they don't necessarily. That's not to say he might not have more info.

A scenario where a prospective buyer phones a journo, the buyer would have a vested interest to put a spin on it.

And why go to a jornalist 5 mins after trying to buy somewhere. Because they want to create a clamour for their bid, and put pressure on the owner to reduce their price.

Mike Newton did the same, to us, and then the repeated the same modus operandi at Port Vale. He totally pushed his bid via the media.

None have offered proof of funds, in my view.

You come across sceptical of Mike's information?

Why would he risk any good links with the club, just to come across 'in the know.'

He knows he's on radio, so either he's feeing his own ego by pretending he knows than he does.

Or he's trying to show some tact, in 'alluding' to deeper problems- without blatantly ruining his relationship with the club.

I'm going with the latter.

We are constantly told how hard it is to find investment, and yet comments in this interview directly contradicts that. There are people who are at least interested. Why would you offer proof of funds if you can't get past first base on price? Or what's even included in the deal?

Mike Keegan is a fine journalist.

Of course, he will know things he can't say on radio.

That can be for many reasons. And by alluding to what he knows, or sailing as close to the wind as he can, he is doing us supporters a good service.

If he speaks out more bluntly he runs the risk of getting himself and others sued. But that doesn't mean what he knows isn't true.

Edited by Nohairdontcare

Mike Keegan is a fine journalist.

Of course, he will know things he can't say on radio.

That can be for many reasons. And by alluding to what he knows, or sailing as close to the wind as he can, he is doing us supporters a good service.

If he speaks out more bluntly he runs the risk of getting himself and others sued. But that doesn't mean what he knows isn't true.

My thoughts exactly.

Although Mike Keegan was fairly forthright in his opinions he was also chosing his words carefully.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like he knows more about the situation than he was prepared to reveal on the radio.

It was intruiging that he mentioned that potential buyers had met resistance when attempting to carry out due dilligence.

Some strange views from one of the callers, suggesting the best way forward would be to 'do a Chester' and disolve the club and form a new one. I know things are bad but they're not that bad yet!

Or maybe like any journalist he his keeping his cards close to his chest and waiting to push the story himself in his own article.

Just listened to it, very interesting and a good listen.

Good not to have a representative from the club blowing smoke for a change.

Genuine fans expressing genuine concerns and opinions.

Just because everyone wasn't praising the club to the skies, does not make it a waste of time.

A very worthwhile exercise IMO.

I'm not sceptical of Mike Keegan, but urging caution as to blindly accepting he is all knowing.

He has a decent track record, enough to think he has into, but his record alike anyones is not 100%.

At the end of the day, he knows one side of the story, what someone has told him.

Like many situations, it can be interpreted differently.

Just cautious, not blindly accepting he is the beacon of truth.

If it was a serious bid, it would have got past talking to Simon Corney and then going to a Daily Mail journo. We simply don't know why it stalled.

It is a matter of record that TTA don't want £24m but are up for sale at a negotiated price but prepare to sit out and pass on silly offers.

I'm not sceptical of Mike Keegan, but urging caution as to blindly accepting he is all knowing.

He has a decent track record, enough to think he has into, but his record alike anyones is not 100%.

At the end of the day, he knows one side of the story, what someone has told him.

Like many situations, it can be interpreted differently.

Just cautious, not blindly accepting he is the beacon of truth.

If it was a serious bid, it would have got past talking to Simon Corney and then going to a Daily Mail journo. We simply don't know why it stalled.

It is a matter of record that TTA don't want £24m but are up for sale at a negotiated price but prepare to sit out and pass on silly offers.

Fair enough.

Equally though, I'm not blindly accepting anything. That would be incredibly naive.

Nor do I think he's a beacon of truth. I don't think he himself was claiming or wanting to across like that.

I am willing to be open minded to the possibility that there maybe some truth to what he intimates.

That's all.