• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Shez return has boosted results but sadly not had the same effect on attendances. We would have to go on a monumental early run from August next season to have any hope of enticing some of our lost fans back to the club.

Such is the apathy around the place I don't think even a top 6 place would push us beyond the 5000 mark. We have been dire for so long now that we have probably lost a whole generation of supporters over the last 20 years or so.

Disagree about the 5000 fans bit. Think we'd eek that out with a decent run near the top of the league and £20 pay on the day.

We may be in promotion form (81 points over a season), but it doesn't transfer into any tangible excitement for those who haven't been watching the :censored:e. We're still 20th, battling relegation.

Yeah. . Your probably right.

That's why I follow all the news, and I still occasionally do a 40 mile round trip to pay £24 on a Saturday.

I do this Knowing full well I will be bored to tears, but with the faintest hope that it might flicker some enthusiasm. It doesn't.

I will probably keep doing that untill A, we score a goal. B, show an attacking intent. Or C, the entertainment at half time is so good, it negates the other 90 minutes of football. Then I might start going more often.

You seem to be one of those fans, that doesn't understand the different ways people follow/feel/support a club.

IMO It's not a chicken an egg scenario. The onus is all on Corney to show us he has some sort of plan for finishing above 17th.

This season is the same as last 5, his business model is very apparent. Scrape through on absolute nothing till Jan, then throw a few quid at it, give people something to smile about (a few goals and wins, (oh simon, you are spoiling us)just before renewals and do nothing till next Jan. If that doesn't change, the club will keep finishing 17th or worse, and the fans will continue to become more and more disalluisoned.

His days of relying of goodwill and backing from supporters are long gone. Time for him to be proactive and do things the other way round.

But he won't. So it's all bit pointless really.

Fair reply but you clearly haven't been reading much of what I write if you think I am one of those fans...I totally get it. That business model is exactly how you've said it is. His supporters were bizarrely thanking him in the summer when at the last minute, we signed up the bare essentials any club needs to put a team out. But the answer isn't to starve the club of money. It's suicidal and self-fulfilling. Only thing we can do is make it ugly for a man with a massive ego. He hates it. It's why he likes to call people out in video nasties to deflect attention from the latest :censored: decision he makes.

I get that the goodwill is thin on the ground but it works both ways...if I stop going, I have no right to ask someone to put their money in and make us into a decent side. Or at least...to make better decisions and not compound the tough environment a club like ours lives in. I'll be there in-spite of him. More should be IMO (circumstances permitting.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

Fair reply but you clearly haven't been reading much of what I write if you think I am one of those fans...I totally get it. That business model is exactly how you've said it is. His supporters were bizarrely thanking him in the summer when at the last minute, we signed up the bare essentials any club needs to put a team out. But the answer isn't to starve the club of money. It's suicidal and self-fulfilling. Only thing we can do is make it ugly for a man with a massive ego. He hates it. It's why he likes to call people out in video nasties to deflect attention from the latest :censored: decision he makes.

I get that the goodwill is thin on the ground but it works both ways...if I stop going, I have no right to ask someone to put their money in and make us into a decent side. Or at least...to make better decisions and not compound the tough environment a club like ours lives in. I'll be there in-spite of him. More should be IMO (circumstances permitting.)

Fair do's.

I do read your posts, and I think we're very much agreed on the running the club.

My main point though was a reaction to what you said;

'if it's not worth the money, the club can't mean that much to you'

When I read that, I got a bit defensive. Of course the club means something to me, but in truth your probably right in some respect. I don't have the affiliation I once had.

I don't get a season ticket, because I work on Tuesday nights, so there's no massive saving over paying on the gate. I used to go to 10/15 home games a season, but I only go to handful of games these days for two main reasons.

1, I just can't stomach the football to go that often anymore. The games are dire. It's not the :censored: players per se, it's the utter lack of trying to win home games. I know we're mostly :censored:, I know we're on our arse, but I begrudge shelling out £30/35(ticket/petrol/pie&pint) without trying to win on a consistent basis. That isn't a reaction to just this season, I've been on the wane for a few seasons now.

2, I feel like like Corney is asking for blind loyalty, if I felt or saw that we were moving in the right direction, I'd be much more inclined to go. An I don't just mean results on the pitch. I mean communication and transpency, no I don't want to know what we spent on stationary last year. But I do want to genuinely know, where we are as a club, just be honest as you can with us. Unfortunately I don't believe a word that comes from the club anymore, the recent 'sit down' with the chairman was a farce, so that's dead. As fans we always we say it's our club. But to me it feels like Corneys club, and his alone. If I keep paying It's like I'm endorsing him. Right or wrong, that's how I see it.

So in summary, I do care. Just more from a far these days.

Fair do's.

I do read your posts, and I think we're very much agreed on the running the club.

My main point though was a reaction to what you said;

'if it's not worth the money, the club can't mean that much to you'

When I read that, I got a bit defensive. Of course the club means something to me, but in truth your probably right in some respect. I don't have the affiliation I once had.

I don't get a season ticket, because I work on Tuesday nights, so there's no massive saving over paying on the gate. I used to go to 10/15 home games a season, but I only go to handful of games these days for two main reasons.

1, I just can't stomach the football to go that often anymore. The games are dire. It's not the :censored: players per se, it's the utter lack of trying to win home games. I know we're mostly :censored:, I know we're on our arse, but I begrudge shelling out £30/35(ticket/petrol/pie&pint) without trying to win on a consistent basis. That isn't a reaction to just this season, I've been on the wane for a few seasons now.

2, I feel like like Corney is asking for blind loyalty, if I felt or saw that we were moving in the right direction, I'd be much more inclined to go. An I don't just mean results on the pitch. I mean communication and transpency, no I don't want to know what we spent on stationary last year. But I do want to genuinely know, where we are as a club, just be honest as you can with us. Unfortunately I don't believe a word that comes from the club anymore, the recent 'sit down' with the chairman was a farce, so that's dead. As fans we always we say it's our club. But to me it feels like Corneys club, and his alone. If I keep paying It's like I'm endorsing him. Right or wrong, that's how I see it.

So in summary, I do care. Just more from a far these days.

Keep the faith, Chris. Fair weather fan ?

This shaming of fans who don't want to spend their money has got to stop, while I don't base my season ticket purchase on entertainment levels, others do. It is their money, I was out of the country for a months last year and work commitments meant I was missing games on a Saturday. I came back to Robinson and some dire football, if it wasn't because I've been going to games since a young age and have nothing I'd rather do on a Saturday I'd have stopped coming.

I'm going away next month and choosing that over a Season Ticket for next season, a few years ago I wouldn't have dreamt of choosing to miss a game. Fair play to those who go every game, just lay off the ones who don't.