• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in a relegation battle. You are being a bit naive.

So are you; if you think the casual fan/potd will keep coming back if we offer so little going forward.

Relegation battle or not. We were woeful going forward. (Holloway aside) I, like Sinnot it would appear won't be back in a hurry.

It's just not worth the money.

What's your point? That the team deliberately had an off day to piss you off and put off your United supporting mates. There is no way a United fan is going to pay to watch league 1 on a regular basis. They don't understand sport, they only understand being associated with success.

Fair point, next time I will them not to waste the £120 they gave me to buy tickets as they have little idea of how sport works. You should work for the club in the PR department you'd be a roaring success.

So are you; if you think the casual fan/potd will keep coming back if we offer so little going forward.

Relegation battle or not. We were woeful going forward. (Holloway aside) I, like Sinnot it would appear won't be back in a hurry.

May I suggest a change of name for you on this site. The irony is too embarrassing.

Fair point, next time I will them not to waste the £120 they gave me to buy tickets as they have little idea of how sport works. You should work for the club in the PR department you'd be a roaring success.

I ask again, what was your point? That sone united 'fans' didn't enjoy a trip to a relegation battle on a grey day in march at an old league 1 ground. I'm :censored:ing astounded.

And very bitter it seems.

How so? I'm just realistic enough to know that many man u fans (and most prem fans) couldn't stomach supporting a team like ours. I know lots and they always say the same regardless of whether a team at our level plays well or not... "how can you watch this every week", "tiny crowd isn't it". Prem supporters base enjoyment on having to have won the game (because its an expectation) and having a bigger crowd than their rival. Good luck to them, but that's not for me.

How so? I'm just realistic enough to know that many man u fans (and most prem fans) couldn't stomach supporting a team like ours. I know lots and they always say the same regardless of whether a team at our level plays well or not... "how can you watch this every week", "tiny crowd isn't it". Prem supporters base enjoyment on having to have won the game (because its an expectation) and having a bigger crowd than their rival. Good luck to them, but that's not for me.

The lack of goals will just drive more people away, even some of the most ardent fans have had enough this season. SC is in for a mighty shock with season tickets sales if he can't offer any better hope of goals and entertainment next season

Edited by BP1960

The lack of goals will just drive more people away, even some of the most ardent fans have had enough this season. SC is in for a mighty shock with season tickets sales if he can't offer any better hope of goals and entertainment next season

Agreed. But if Shez stays, as he has promised, then I think we can attract a striker. Our defence is solid although obviously we may have a goalkeeping issue, we just miss a decent goal scorer and some midfield guile.

I shall be renewing and hoping the very very obvious problems are addressed.

Agreed. But if Shez stays, as he has promised, then I think we can attract a striker. Our defence is solid although obviously we may have a goalkeeping issue, we just miss a decent goal scorer and some midfield guile.

I shall be renewing and hoping the very very obvious problems are addressed.

Unfortunately, our hope of our goal scorer has been unfulfilled for several seasons now, and many fans have stopped believing.

This is the problem SC has, if some money is splashed out on a proven striker instead of freebies and loanees that might change.

Recently I was ill and couldn't attend a match for the first time in ages.

It was an awful day weatherwise so I listened the 0-0 borefest commentary on Latics Player.

From the warmth of my home and some good sport on TV I was actually glad I missed the game.

I wonder how many more feel there's just no fun in going anymore?

Incidentally, I offered to give my season ticket for the match to several people, but there were no takers. Perhaps that says it all.

Edited by BP1960

I disagree.

What could possibly stop those of us who have renewed the last 2 seasons from renewing again?

We're pretty much down to season ticket holders who will renew no matter what.

I disagree.

What could possibly stop those of us who have renewed the last 2 seasons from renewing again?

I think you will find some have had enough. Do you honestly want more of the same next season?

If SC doesn't put the money in that's exactly what you will get IMO.

Edited by BP1960

I disagree.

Been going about 26 or 27 years now. Couldn't think of anything I'd rather do on a Saturday

I think you will find some have had enough. Do you honestly want more of the same next season?

Of course not but it's 99% likely I'll be renewing no matter what

In fact - my son has got the bug too now (for some strange reason) so that'll probably mean an extra one...

Edited by HarryBosch

Unless we change our transfer policy and get three or four decent players in early, preferably strikers/midfielders season ticket sales will fall still further.

Fans have had enough of last minute panic buys, loanees, and other clubs castoffs.

We always support the manager in the January window when entrenched in the usual relegation battle so why not be proactive for a change and try opening the wallet at the beginning of the season.

We may yet retain our Div One status but If another season of struggle follows it could be the final straw for a great many of our loyal die hards.

The shambles of the last close season was an utter piss take and anything similar this time could spell the beginning of the end.

BP your constant negativity with everything is such a boring read. It's almost like you have a personal vendetta with someone at the club or player.

Supporting any club isn't always going to be good viewing (appreciated it is a few years since anything good happened) but unless we find someone to fund the next royle miracle then times aren't going to change but that doesn't mean you should stop going and supporting your team. Less people in the ground means it's even less likely someone is willing to stump up the funds needed.

I have heard time and time again about we don't pay big wages, don't invest money and want corney to go but how many serious investors/ bidders have come to the table? Not one. As fans i genuinely think we have a part to play in supporting the team and turning up in decent numbers.

People say 'I'm not paying to watch' that but who in their right mind is going to buy us when fans don't even want to go. Catch 22. Fans mentality needs a drastic change and I'm one of them!

BP your constant negativity with everything is such a boring read. It's almost like you have a personal vendetta with someone at the club or player.

Supporting any club isn't always going to be good viewing (appreciated it is a few years since anything good happened) but unless we find someone to fund the next royle miracle then times aren't going to change but that doesn't mean you should stop going and supporting your team. Less people in the ground means it's even less likely someone is willing to stump up the funds needed.

I have heard time and time again about we don't pay big wages, don't invest money and want corney to go but how many serious investors/ bidders have come to the table? Not one. As fans i genuinely think we have a part to play in supporting the team and turning up in decent numbers.

People say 'I'm not paying to watch' that but who in their right mind is going to buy us when fans don't even want to go. Catch 22. Fans mentality needs a drastic change and I'm one of them!

I always tell it as I see it, you will find countless positive posts from me if you took trouble to look at them.

You are dissolutioned and so is SC if he thinks fans will continue to pay for the dire football seen at BP this season.

IMO no amount of discounts will see an increase in sales next season unless the club lays out a plan for a more positive future.

Let me ask you, if you have paid in advance for a product and it turned out to be abysmal would you buy it again?

Edited by BP1960

That'll be you blocked for bullying him now

How about people just doing what they want?

I'd argue BP's "constant negativity" (if that were true, which it isn't) would have more basis in reality than if somebody were constantly positive.

He's saying it as he, rightly or wrongly, sees it - good or bad - rather than just pretending & making stuff up for the sake of being seen as "positive".

Edited by HarryBosch

I always tell it as I see it, you will find countless positive posts from me if you took trouble to look at them.

You are dissolutioned and so is SC if he thinks fans will continue to pay for the dire football seen at BP this season.

IMO no amount of discounts will see an increase in sales next season unless the club lays out a plan for a more positive future.

Let me ask you, if you have paid in advance for a product and it turned out to be abysmal would you buy it again?

Quite sure I have already answered this in my original post. Yes I will continue to buy one my reasons are the same as in my original post. Less fans less chance of change/ investment.

Simple math...

More money paid...more chance of better players and being entertained...

Less money paid...less chance of better players and being entertained...

If it's not worth the money, the club can't be worth much to you.

Simple math...

More money paid...more chance of better players and being entertained...

Less money paid...less chance of better players and being entertained...

If it's not worth the money, the club can't be worth much to you.

Agree.