Quite sure I have already answered this in my original post. Yes I will continue to buy one my reasons are the same as in my original post. Less fans less chance of change/ investment.

It's one viewpoint - one that I've considered.

Another is that voting with our feet might mean a change of ownership becomes more likely.

You don't know, I don't know.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite sure I have already answered this in my original post. Yes I will continue to buy one my reasons are the same as in my original post. Less fans less chance of change/ investment.

I have frequented the odd greasy spoon cafe, but wouldn't go there on a regular basis.

Another is that voting with our feet might mean a change of ownership becomes more likely.

That's fine but doesn't appear to be working at Blackpool or Coventry or charlton.

The silent protest has been happening for a good few years now. And grows and grows. It's not the answer. And it certainly isn't making a change of ownership looking more likely. Only once the houses are splattered all behind the Chaddy, on Little Wembley and the North Stand is complete will that look more like happening. Then the 3 stooges will be able to command their currently (rumoured) over-priced fee for lock, stock and barrel.

So the only real likelihood is that voting with our feet sends us further into the potential abyss.

Edited by boundaryblue80

A change in philosophy is what I'd like to see, money spent pre season rather than panic buys every transfer window.

Surely fans want some enjoyment watching the team rather than drab goalless games or defeats at home?

Improve the product on the pitch that's the way to get fans back.

Lincoln have done it.

Edited by BP1960

OK Adam its £750 next year for your ST then.

And for you McDuff-mind the people who sit near you probably think that it should be a lot higher

OK Adam its £750 next year for your ST then.

And for you McDuff-mind the people who sit near you probably think that it should be a lot higher

Ok. It's not and if it was I could understand people's frustration but it's not so I don't.

Simple math...

More money paid...more chance of better players and being entertained...

Less money paid...less chance of better players and being entertained...

If it's not worth the money, the club can't be worth much to you.

Yeah. . Your probably right.

That's why I follow all the news, and I still occasionally do a 40 mile round trip to pay £24 on a Saturday.

I do this Knowing full well I will be bored to tears, but with the faintest hope that it might flicker some enthusiasm. It doesn't.

I will probably keep doing that untill A, we score a goal. B, show an attacking intent. Or C, the entertainment at half time is so good, it negates the other 90 minutes of football. Then I might start going more often.

You seem to be one of those fans, that doesn't understand the different ways people follow/feel/support a club.

IMO It's not a chicken an egg scenario. The onus is all on Corney to show us he has some sort of plan for finishing above 17th.

This season is the same as last 5, his business model is very apparent. Scrape through on absolute nothing till Jan, then throw a few quid at it, give people something to smile about (a few goals and wins, (oh simon, you are spoiling us)just before renewals and do nothing till next Jan. If that doesn't change, the club will keep finishing 17th or worse, and the fans will continue to become more and more disalluisoned.

His days of relying of goodwill and backing from supporters are long gone. Time for him to be proactive and do things the other way round.

But he won't. So it's all bit pointless really.

Yeah. . Your probably right.

That's why I follow all the news, and I still occasionally do a 40 mile round trip to pay £24 on a Saturday.

I do this Knowing full well I will be bored to tears, but with the faintest hope that it might flicker some enthusiasm. It doesn't.

I will probably keep doing that untill A, we score a goal. B, show an attacking intent. Or C, the entertainment at half time is so good, it negates the other 90 minutes of football. Then I might start going more often.

You seem to be one of those fans, that doesn't understand the different ways people follow/feel/support a club.

IMO It's not a chicken an egg scenario. The onus is all on Corney to show us he has some sort of plan for finishing above 17th.

This season is the same as last 5, his business model is very apparent. Scrape through on absolute nothing till Jan, then throw a few quid at it, give people something to smile about (a few goals and wins, (oh simon, you are spoiling us)just before renewals and do nothing till next Jan. If that doesn't change, the club will keep finishing 17th or worse, and the fans will continue to become more and more disalluisoned.

His days of relying of goodwill and backing from supporters are long gone. Time for him to be proactive and do things the other way round.

But he won't. So it's all bit pointless really.

The Trust rep should put your pre season plan to SC at the next board meeting and of course record his answer on the minutes.

Edited by BP1960

I'd imagine the thought process behind the low budget start of season, followed by a bit of a splurge in January boils down to a couple of key points.

(1) If you sign players like Taylor, Holloway etc in January, they generally cost you half of what they would if you signed them in August.

We can afford them for half a season, but not a full one.

(2) I don't recall Joe Royle spending a lot of money comparatively to create a successful team.

As unlikely as it might be, but on occasions teams get lucky whereby a low value squad for this division they are in can out-perform expectations.

I'd guess that SC is buying the equivalent of a lottery ticket each August and hoping for the best.

If 2000 fans paying c.350 and another 1000-2000 paying up to £24 on the day buys you this approach then we are in a vicious circle.

Not enough money to change the approach.

The outcome of the approach doesn't increase your income.

So the Shez return has boosted results but sadly not had the same effect on attendances. We would have to go on a monumental early run from August next season to have any hope of enticing some of our lost fans back to the club.

Such is the apathy around the place I don't think even a top 6 place would push us beyond the 5000 mark. We have been dire for so long now that we have probably lost a whole generation of supporters over the last 20 years or so.