Just under 4,400 home fans there today, about 1000 up on the norm. I would still like to see regional leagues at our level.

Even though I love the long away days economically, it surely makes sense to cut travel costs and increase Match day revenues.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work out the average away travel for League 1 and League 2 and you will understand my point. If we went down it will cost significantly more getting to away games.

Why would I want to do that?.....it's not difficult to understand but who's comparing the two leagues. I'm just giving an opinion on the advantages of regionalised football at our level.

Did anyone notice that topoff (George) was on his own today and not with the athleticos?

It's been picked up on FB, I did wonder myself when I saw him in part of the stand I'm in

Now that I think about it, he looked awful lost on his own, does anyone know if he is okay?

Thanks in advance

Bit of a fallout within the Athleticos with some wanting a name change to Gate 16, I think George is one of those who disagreed so a few toys have been lobbed out of various prams.

Except the ones wanting a change to Gate 16 then realised that Gate 16 is the MSP RRE side, after it was pointed out to them.

Gate 26 is their new moniker.

The irony of the original name change coming just before we announced the movement of fans isn't lost either.

Given this has all started after or around the time George was on the back page of a Chron I detect a hint of jealousy.

There were chants of "if you take your f*cking top off you're a c*nt" at Walsall last week...

If there were chants of that, then I'm very happy to take my top off in solidarity with George. Trust me it is not a pretty site.

Especially as the "harder, nastier" elements of the Athleticos will still get their arses handed to them in a fight with any other firm.

Just under 4,400 home fans there today, about 1000 up on the norm. I would still like to see regional leagues at our level.

Even though I love the long away days economically, it surely makes sense to cut travel costs and increase Match day revenues.

Disagree completely some of the best away days home games in recent have Been from some of the Southern teams. Games with Norwich, Pompey, Southampton I rather play these teams often.

Teams like Crewe, Fleetwood & Port Vale don't always bring large support anyway.

Plus you can spend as much at a local game as one down South as your more likely to arrive at a local game earlier.

And likelyhood is if it was a Northern League and teams did Cat Tickets we be a CAT A

Except the ones wanting a change to Gate 16 then realised that Gate 16 is the MSP RRE side, after it was pointed out to them.

The irony of the original name change coming just before we announced the movement of fans isn't lost either.

Given this has all started after or around the time George was on the back page of a Chron I detect a hint of jealousy.

If there were chants of that, then I'm very happy to take my top off in solidarity with George. Trust me it is not a pretty site.

Especially as the "harder, nastier" elements of the Athleticos will still get their arses handed to them in a fight with any other firm.

I have took no sides I spoke to George in Oldham last week and showed me the tweet he was sent about the interview.

I did stand second half with the Athleticos yesterday & did try to encourage George to also stand.

Whatever has gone one being Oldham it will all be forgotten about with in weeks.

Heard a few chants at Walsall but not off them chanting stand at home games with the Athleticos.

Trust me, if I take my top off, there will be no fighting....there be screaming to get out of the place and go blind. Although thermal under garments ar getting a bit sexier these days. Hahah Edited by underdog

I was an addition to the "norm", but I won't be back in a hurry...

I was an addition to the "norm", but I won't be back in a hurry...

Why? Because we always have to perform well and/or win. Can I suggest a change of allegiance to Chelsea or Barcelona? If we had won you would have come back in a hurry until the next time we don't? Sorry, but that is pathetic and not 'support'.

You pays your money you take your chance, I picked tickets up for several friends whose first team is United and they thought the day was pretty grim facilities/pitch/game, if your going to put rallying cries out to drum up support it helps if the team turns up and has a go.

You pays your money you take your chance, I picked tickets up for several friends whose first team is United and they thought the day was pretty grim facilities/pitch/game, if your going to put rallying cries out to drum up support it helps if the team turns up and has a go.

What's your point? That the team deliberately had an off day to piss you off and put off your United supporting mates. There is no way a United fan is going to pay to watch league 1 on a regular basis. They don't understand sport, they only understand being associated with success.

Why? Because we always have to perform well and/or win. Can I suggest a change of allegiance to Chelsea or Barcelona? If we had won you would have come back in a hurry until the next time we don't? Sorry, but that is pathetic and not 'support'.

Nope. I just want to be entertained...