Raiding the Relegated

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I watched Taylor on Saturday and came away thinking what's the point? He was just another player on the pitch-did nothing impressive. Surely got to be better options out there?

In my opinion we had better options on the bench never mind out there.

14 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

I watched Taylor on Saturday and came away thinking what's the point? He was just another player on the pitch-did nothing impressive. Surely got to be better options out there?

Midfielders - who could play wide - who've been on our books since he left...... how may of this lot would you class as a better option.....?

Felipe Morais

Josh Parker

Youssouf M'Changama

Kirk Millar

Keanu Marsh Brown

Lee Croft

Cristian Montano

Sidney Schemltz

James Dayton

David Worrall

Mark Yeates

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Midfielders - who could play wide - who've been on our books since he left...... how may of this lot would you class as a better option.....?

Felipe Morais

Josh Parker

Youssouf M'Changama

Kirk Millar

Keanu Marsh Brown

Lee Croft

Cristian Montano

Sidney Schemltz

James Dayton

David Worrall

Mark Yeates

When are you going to add the good ones to the list? 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Felipe Morais

Josh Parker

Youssouf M'Changama

Kirk Millar

Keanu Marsh Brown

Lee Croft

Cristian Montano

Sidney Schemltz

James Dayton

David Worrall

Mark Yeates

Jones

Harkins

Winchester

?

46 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Jones

Harkins

Winchester

?

Jones and Winny are centre midfielders..... and Harkins is a forward really...... they were square pegged into round holes...... none are bone fide wide midfielders like the list above, Taylor was and still can be.....

There's a post on Twitter with ex-Latics players currently with Championship clubs out of contract this summer, it includes:

Jon Grounds

Kieron Lee

Matt Palmer

Johnson Clark-Harris

wages would certainly be an issue now, but you never know, they might get desperate as pre-season training gets closer!

49 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

There's a post on Twitter with ex-Latics players currently with Championship clubs out of contract this summer, it includes:

Jon Grounds

Kieron Lee

Matt Palmer

Johnson Clark-Harris

wages would certainly be an issue now, but you never know, they might get desperate as pre-season training gets closer!

Wouldn't want Grounds back. Surprised to say the least he has made that level. JCH I would love , and probably the most realistic imo. The other two forget about it. Both top end championship I'd say. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Wouldn't want Grounds back. Surprised to say the least he has made that level. JCH I would love , and probably the most realistic imo. The other two forget about it. Both top end championship I'd say. 

After being a regular for three seasons in the Championship you wouldn't have him back?

Not to mention he was more than adequate at this level anyway.

56 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

JCH? Where is he and what has he done over the last few years. Wasn't making Rovrum was he, is he still there?

Novel idea but let's not sign any more ex players and look to the future.

Picked up a bad injury, but they like him there. Seems to have adjusted well to the Championship.

Who cares if they're ex-players? If they do the job I'll take them...

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

After being a regular for three seasons in the Championship you wouldn't have him back?

Not to mention he was more than adequate at this level anyway.

He was adequate? In your opinion maybe. I thought he was lacking positioning wise and offered zilch going forward. I would prefer better than adequate if I'm honest. And like I said I'm surprised he seemingly ( I never watched in championship) cut it a level above. 

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He was adequate? In your opinion maybe. I thought he was lacking positioning wise and offered zilch going forward. I would prefer better than adequate if I'm honest. And like I said I'm surprised he seemingly ( I never watched in championship) cut it a level above. 

Well Birmingham didn't take him up a league cos he was shite for us, did they. He's been a regular in a side which, for a season and a half, has been up around the top six of the Championship. Clearly has something.

Left-footed Brian Wilson, in my eyes. Offered nowt going forward, but solid.

5 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Jon Grounds

Kieron Lee

Matt Palmer

Johnson Clark-Harris

Snap your hand off for those four.

5 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Picked up a bad injury, but they like him there. Seems to have adjusted well to the Championship.

Who cares if they're ex-players? If they do the job I'll take them...

9 goals since he left Latics including 2 loan spells back down to league 1 doesn't read well adjusted to me.

Ex players never do as well when they return and I'm not bothered about ex player who didn't do much last time they where here anyway. That very much includes JCH.