Raiding the Relegated

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Agreed. Other than those already mentioned, I honestly can't think of any player at the relegated (or, nearly relegated) clubs that would improve us.

At the top, how about Noblot's Dean Moxey, Gary Madine and Ben Alnwick? Probably out of our reach, but they're all far too good for League 1.

My knowledge of league one players is not vast , but are we not just getting confused between players who are good and players who are well known ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Always liked Yaser Kasim for Swindon but their local rag had a summary of each player for their player of the year vote that said this about him: "Yaser Kasim: Fell out of favour around Christmas and, in the last season of his contract, has appeared to be winding down his stay at the club."

Their keeper won the vote with 68%:  "Lawrence Vigouroux: Has been a pivotal figure in his first season as a permanent player at the club, recording 11 clean sheets to keep Swindon alive in games."

Wouldn't be surprised if Liam Kelly  ended up back here gaz.

53 minutes ago, youngen said:

Oh god no. Now thats a guy that literally gets a contract cos he played for united once. Rather have Michael Clegg.

Bolton going up will surely mean Taylor signs?

It's probably a done deal, he's hardly been ripping up trees and appearing to be playing for a contract the last couple of months.

19 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Looking at the squads of the bottom four, with the exception of a few Swindon players, it makes sense why they're going down...

Would she's be able to get a tune out of tudgay along side hollaway, thought he was by far Coventry,s best player at bp, earlier in the season.

13 hours ago, youngen said:

Oh god no. Now thats a guy that literally gets a contract cos he played for united once. Rather have Michael Clegg.

Bolton going up will surely mean Taylor signs?

I'd sooner not he seems to play like a centre mid but out on the wing baffles me at times

20 hours ago, RichardOafc said:

Would she's be able to get a tune out of tudgay along side hollaway, thought he was by far Coventry,s best player at bp, earlier in the season.

An experienced type like Tudgay is exactly what we need upfront in my opinion.

He's only played 20 times for Coventry though this season. That said, he scored 7 goals. 

His injury record (I'm assuming he's been injured) might mean we can get him when we might not have been able to otherwise.

If Shez thinks he can get 30+ starts out of him he could be a great signing. 

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

You could've said that about Ryan Flynn, now he can't catch in a team with 31 goals from 45 games

I quite like Flynn also, offers something different, but doesnt do the defensive side like Taylor does, and only really shines for 20 minutes of the 90, as opposed to Taylor being steady and consistent for 90 minutes. Don't think Taylor has ripped up trees (hes not a 19 year old kid anymore), but he hasnt done an awful lot wrong but he has bizarrely become a boo boy by the sounds of it. Suppose people need to have someone to moan at when we are actually playing well

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Clarke rips up trees every week and he's in his thirties, nobodies questioning Taylors ability it's more his desire to get involved and impose himself in games.

He's clearly been coached while in the Championship to be very disciplined & focused on position.

I'd rather see him still running at fullbacks as much as the next person but this less inspiring new version would probably serve us very well over the course of a season...

Edited by HarryBosch

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He's clearly been coached while in the Championship to be very disciplined & focused on position.

I'd rather see him still running at fullbacks as much as the next person but this less inspiring new version would probably serve us very well over the course of a season...

This is how I view it...... He's an experienced Pro with much to offer, who just happens to be a local lad who also supports the club. I can't feel anything but warmth for the boy. Sign him up.

He still bottles it in tackles at least 5 times a game though. But yes, you can tell he's a much more disciplined player and probably would serve us well over a full season. 

A very frustrating player to watch at times though so can understand people's negative views on him. Like I say, the amount of times he shits out of a 50/50 

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Do you even like football?

8 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

An experienced type like Tudgay is exactly what we need upfront in my opinion.

He's only played 20 times for Coventry though this season. That said, he scored 7 goals. 

His injury record (I'm assuming he's been injured) might mean we can get him when we might not have been able to otherwise.

If Shez thinks he can get 30+ starts out of him he could be a great signing. 

He only signed for them in February I think.