Who do we want coming down?

Hopefully its on a Saturday. Hopefully it's at a point in the season where we are playing well.

Very very very wishful thinking but could you imagine if we got them in the play offs wed take a huge following to that. They give you that whole end of the ground.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looking nailed on Blackburn to come down now commentator just said that you get £6 million for starting the season in the Championship tv revenue wise where as it's £1 million in league 1. Surprised me slightly it was that high.

It's about right, it's all worked out as a percentage of what the bottom PL teams get and that's a reported £100 million, Championship clubs get 5% with League 1 teams receiving around 1.5% of that amount.

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looking nailed on Blackburn to come down now commentator just said that you get £6 million for starting the season in the Championship tv revenue wise where as it's £1 million in league 1. Surprised me slightly it was that high.

A mill ain't bad money considering we're never on tele. Money for nowt! 

29 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

A mill ain't bad money considering we're never on tele. Money for nowt! 

It's money for being in league 1 chances are it might be quite a drop to league 2. Which makes the idea of throwing the towel in around January and blooding the kids even more stupid.

I don't know exactly how it's made up I imagine some of that is part of the Premier leagues solidarity package. In the PL the deal always was split so 50% of the whole package is a flat amount for each club. 25% based on how often you are on tv 25% Based on finishing position.

I would imagine (this is a guess but has some logic in it) as each team is on tv far less then the distribution is far flatter. So we might get £1 mill and finish 17th and not be on tv once whereas the team at the top might only get £1.5 mill and be on several times.

Edited by GlossopLatic

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/championship-cash-boost-tv-deal