Burton - League Cup

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

They did beat Cardiff at Cardiff also...

They went into the southern half of the draw after they beat us firk knows why but to me that says even if we had beaten our northern second round apponents we would have been far from guaranteed drawing thr sc*m i  the 3rd round!

5 hours ago, flashlatic said:

They went into the southern half of the draw after they beat us firk knows why but to me that says even if we had beaten our northern second round apponents we would have been far from guaranteed drawing thr sc*m i  the 3rd round!

Correct again, it's still a shitter though because if we could manage to get a team playing at the start of the season as opposed to in February/March the rewards are huge, take Doncaster for example whose fans now have a great away day at Arsenal to look forward to, it will also benefit their club significantly through monies they will receive from gate receipts and TV revenue, a decent loan signing or two could be made of the back of it not to mention the lift it gives the whole club from playing in such games.