• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go tonight:

------------------------------Wilson------------------------------

----------------Wilson-----Clarke-----Gerrard---------------

McLaughlin-----Fane---Fawns----Green------------Hunt

-----------------------Holloway-----Davies--------------------

The reason I would go with this is to make us slightly more solid with a 3 so 1 can drop deeper should pace undo us. I would then go for the wingbacks as McLaughlin and Hunt as there is plenty of pace there to use both attacking wise and defensively. In the middle I'd give Fawns a go, let's see what he can provide us with. I've put Fane and Green there to battle. As for the strikers, I'm not too sure whether it will work with these two but Holloway and Davies need games together, maybe to try and help each other understand each other's games so that is why I've gone with them. Ordinarily I probably would have thrown Duffus in there but no reason why he can't replace one of them at HT or after 55/60 if it still isn't working at all.

I'd go for 

Wilson 

Wilson Clarke Stott

McLaughlin Green Fane Fawns Hunt

Davies Duffus

Stott in for Gerrard because his lack of pace shows us up and we won't miss his 'leadership' as Clarke is there. Get in the gym and lose some weight.

Fawns for Banks....Does this need explaining? He is half a mile behind the pace of the game and I think he gets lucky with his long passes. He doesn't look before doing them meaning mostly they go out of play, 2 in 10 go to a player and make him look good but I think this is more luck than judgement.

37 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I would go tonight:

The reason I would go with this is to make us slightly more solid with a 3 so 1 can drop deeper should pace undo us. I would then go for the wingbacks as McLaughlin and Hunt as there is plenty of pace there to use both attacking wise and defensively. In the middle I'd give Fawns a go, let's see what he can provide us with. I've put Fane and Green there to battle. As for the strikers, I'm not too sure whether it will work with these two but Holloway and Davies need games together, maybe to try and help each other understand each other's games so that is why I've gone with them. Ordinarily I probably would have thrown Duffus in there but no reason why he can't replace one of them at HT or after 55/60 if it still isn't working at all.

This would be mine except I'd have the new guy (if signing confirmed) instead of Fawns, in a free role behind the strikers.

Then you have a set up that can change to 4-4-2 with him and McLaughlin on the wings if needed. 

I'm planning to get up and watch this match on iFollow. Does anyone know how long before kick off the Match Pass option becomes active and how long it takes to sign in? I have only registered for the free subscription and haven't made any payments before.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, ThaiLatic said:

I'm planning to get up and watch this match on iFollow. Does anyone know how long before kick off the Match Pass option becomes active and how long it takes to sign in? I have only registered for the free subscription and haven't made any payments before.

Thanks.

Are league cup games on?

58 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I would go tonight:

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This would be mine except I'd have the new guy (if signing confirmed) instead of Fawns, in a free role behind the strikers.

Then you have a set up that can change to 4-4-2 with him and McLaughlin on the wings if needed. 

So, in summary, one of you wants Fawns - a forward - in central midfield and the other wants our new signing - a winger - behind the front two? :grin:

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

So, in summary, one of you wants Fawns - a forward - in central midfield and the other wants our new signing - a winger - behind the front two? :grin:

Didn't he play that role against Girona? May have that wrong. 

Having players on pitch so we can be flexible in our formation is what I was suggesting. 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Didn't he play that role against Girona? May have that wrong. 

Having players on pitch so we can be flexible in our formation is what I was suggesting. 

I'd rather we just stuck with & tweaked what Shez thought was going to serve us best this season and let it "gel" rather than make wholesale changes after one game :lol:

56 minutes ago, Oafc1895 said:

Stott in for Gerrard because his lack of pace shows us up

:lol:

I like Stott and would love to have him in the side if only for his left peg & delivery but Gerrard is probably in the top 5 central defenders we've had since Gregan.

If he stays fit, keeps losing weight and gets sharper he might well be even better than Clarke pretty early into this season. 

Hope we see this Kyeremeh get a run-out, same with Fawns and Duffus.

I can't see Shez sticking with them tactics from Saturday for too much longer, and I can't see many in that side who are guaranteed starters, so it seems a good opportunity to give other players a chance to impress.

It'll be interesting to see if we go with the diamond again. Unless the personnel is different I really can't see it, despite Shez's comments post-Oxford.

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd rather we just stuck with & tweaked what Shez thought was going to serve us best this season and let it "gel" rather than make wholesale changes after one game :lol:

'Gel'

Davies was the only new player to start from last season! :lol:

3 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Hes lost a bit of weight but he hasn't gained any pace. Looked like he was running through quick sand at points on

Saturday.

He actually has a bit of pace anyway, even at the end of last season. People refuse to acknowledge that though because he carries weight.

25 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd rather we just stuck with & tweaked what Shez thought was going to serve us best this season and let it "gel" rather than make wholesale changes after one game :lol:

1 change was proposed!

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

He actually has a bit of pace anyway, even at the end of last season. People refuse to acknowledge that though because he carries weight.

Yeah I challenged people on here to give an example where he's looked a liability because of pace and nobody could. If you have quickness of thought ( he played most his career in champ) that makes up for not being rapid. 

15 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I can't see Shez sticking with them tactics from Saturday for too much longer,

13 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

'Gel'

Davies was the only new player to start from last season! :lol:

And Wilson. Hunt hardly played for us at the back end of last season. Fane, McLaughlin & Banks were used differently as has been discussed at length. As was Holloway. We didn't have a Davies last season. 

So yeah, the personnel and tactics need time to "bed in", or "gel" - however you want to word it. 

As they might if Shez rips it all up and starts again like you want him to. 

Edited by HarryBosch

9 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Easiry turned is the prolem, Clarke can be too, however, over 90 minutes they don't let much pass.