Burton - League Cup

Sides going to have to be changed after that, so I'd put McLaughlin back in his natural position on the wing, drop Green and Banks, rest Holloway (he's so injury prone) and give Duffus a run-out with Davies. May even be tempted to put Stott in.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a bit of talk of Fawns getting a run-out. Didn't make it to any pre-season games but supposed to be forward-thinking passer.

Given the midfield performed as badly as it did and were in dire need of somebody who could put their foot on the ball, I'd back his inclusion.

36 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I reckon he might maybe, just maybe, stick with most, if not all, of the side and system he's been planning to play with all summer as opposed to ripping everything up after one disappointing match .... :lol:

I reckon he will as well, but the longer he perseveres with that the bigger the miracle we're gonna need come January...

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

One. Game. 

One. 

We know them players from last season and it was clear before kick-off that it wasn't going to work. I'm sure Shez will recognise that.

It worries me that we played a team who had a raft of new players and a new manager while we were almost totally unchanged from last season, yet we were so poor.

7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

We know them players from last season and it was clear before kick-off that it wasn't going to work. I'm sure Shez will recognise that.

It worries me that we played a team who had a raft of new players and a new manager while we were almost totally unchanged from last season, yet we were so poor.

Don't be worried

3 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Hunt now our player, not on loan

Davies

Ben Wilson

Duffus

Gardner to come in

Plus quite a few new deals for players who had near play-off form from Jan to April

Plus I doubt we won't be bringing in more players, wouldn't be surprised if a player we bring in played (or been on the bench) for their parent club in a pre-season friendly since last Tuesday.

Team from when we played Oxford (mid-March)

Ripley

Hunt (Law 41)

Gerrard

Clarke

Wilson

Taylor (Fane 93)

Banks

Green

McLaughlin

Holloway 

Erwin 2 (Tope 79)

Unused subs

Ngoo

Flynn

O'Neill

Osei

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Hunt now our player, not on loan

Davies

Ben Wilson

Duffus

Gardner to come in

Plus quite a few new deals for players who had near play-off form from Jan to April

Plus I doubt we won't be bringing in more players, wouldn't be surprised if a player we bring in played (or been on the bench) for their parent club in a pre-season friendly since last Tuesday.

Team from when we played Oxford (mid-March)

Ripley

Hunt (Law 41)

Gerrard

Clarke

Wilson

Taylor (Fane 93)

Banks

Green

McLaughlin

Holloway 

Erwin 2 (Tope 79)

Unused subs

Ngoo

Flynn

O'Neill

Osei

We had two new players from last season, and one was a goalkeeper. That's the relevant fact.

I may be going ott but it's just surprised me how badly wrong Shez got it, and that we're so lacking in the key area.

Just now, NewBlue said:

We had two new players from last season, and one was a goalkeeper. That's the relevant fact.

I may be going ott but it's just surprised me how badly wrong Shez got it, and that we're so lacking in the key area.

There's no "may be" about it :lol:

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

Which was the "key area"?