Placide signed

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If he gets a payoff from Notts he'll be offski.

The thought did cross my mind.

But, he did say when he came back that he'll be here for the remainder of his contract this time after jumping ship in 2016. I'd be very disappointed in him if he goes - it can hardly be a surprise to him what Corney is doing...

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The thought did cross my mind.

But, he did say when he came back that he'll be here for the remainder of his contract this time after jumping ship in 2016. I'd be very disappointed in him if he goes - it can hardly be a surprise to him what Corney is doing...

True but I don't imagine he signed up for this kind of nonsense.

We have exceeded our FFP so if we don't attract further investment we are stuck with a squad of players I tis fair to say will struggle to keep us in this division.

There is definitely a standoff developing between Shez and Corney as today's Chron article demonstrates. Corney is clearly unhappy with the desire of some players and the start we have made and rightly so, Shez is probably unhappy about the way players are coming into the club over his head.

Even at this early stage tomorrow's game is massive, Corney will not want another relegation battle. A win could kick start our season, another defeat could bring the situation to a head!

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We have exceeded our FFP so if we don't attract further investment we are stuck with a squad of players I tis fair to say will struggle to keep us in this division.

There is definitely a standoff developing between Shez and Corney as today's Chron article demonstrates. Corney is clearly unhappy with the desire of some players and the start we have made and rightly so, Shez is probably unhappy about the way players are coming into the club over his head.

Even at this early stage tomorrow's game is massive, Corney will not want another relegation battle. A win could kick start our season, another defeat could bring the situation to a head!

Nailed on draw now you have said that.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

True but I don't imagine he signed up for this kind of nonsense.

If the case is that the agent is attracting players and giving investment on the basis they're sold, it's surely Shez's fault that we've got to the point where we desperately still need men in.

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

If the case is that the agent is attracting players and giving investment on the basis they're sold, it's surely Shez's fault that we've got to the point where we desperately still need men in.

Where is the logic in any of those statements? Absolute rubbish.

5 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

If the money in the budget for the keeper he clearly wants has been spent on this clown instead how is that Shez's fault?

His staff member said there are two signings he didn't want, this will impact on the money we have for players.

2 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Where is the logic in any of those statements? Absolute rubbish.

Head went to shit halfway through. Anyhow:

Shez was given a budget. He spent it. We still didn't have the players we require to form a proper squad. That is Shez's fault.

Moan at Corney all you want about the size of the budget but actually acquiring the squad is Shez's job.

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

If the money in the budget for the keeper he clearly wants has been spent on this clown instead how is that Shez's fault?

His staff member said there are two signings he didn't want, this will impact on the money we have for players.

Duffus, Hunt and now Placide...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Duffus, Hunt and now Placide...

I just presumed this was one of the two. Suppose you could be right. Hunt is a good 'un and he seemed happy to have signed him but not sure we can afford to have a left back as one of the top earners.

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I just presumed this was one of the two. Suppose you could be right. Hunt is a good 'un and he seemed happy to have signed him but not sure we can afford to have a left back as one of the top earners.

Duffus - a deal done by Joe Royle and Corney.

Hunt - Bournemouth wanted him for their U23's. Corney gives him a 3 year deal cos he thinks he can sell him on in a year...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Duffus - a deal done by Joe Royle and Corney.

Hunt - Bournemouth wanted him for their U23's. Corney gives him a 3 year deal cos he thinks he can sell him on in a year...

Corney - Hunt, sure my dad had a VHS similar back in the day.

15 minutes ago, Clifford said:

This and the comments from his coach confirms Corney is going over Shez's head. Very bizarre given he has an experienced manager who knows the lower leagues well. Corney probably knew more about these leagues than Kelly and Dunn to be fair to him.

The danger is you end up with another Kelly as nobody any good would put up with it...

I am guessing that when Shez said he wanted five or six new players he was talking about targets he wanted to sign himself - and is now miffed as we were under embargo, and I reckon he's blaming interference for that, which has set his season back. Combine that with poor results, and snarky remarks from Corney about the results - and you've a perfect little storm.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The danger is you end up with another Kelly as nobody any good would put up with it...

True, but Shez has been back for more of the same 4 times. Doubtful he would.
Assuming he does sign over Shez's head. Kelly & Dunn maybe, but I really doubt he's done it with Shez. I am sure shez would have the final say.

6 minutes ago, singe said:

True, but Shez has been back for more of the same 4 times. Doubtful he would.
Assuming he does sign over Shez's head. Kelly & Dunn maybe, but I really doubt he's done it with Shez. I am sure shez would have the final say.

I doubt it's as simple as Shez wanting or not wanting a player. It's probably more a disagreement about how best to allocate the budget.

I'm pretty sure Shez rates Hunt highly, he said so often enough last season. However it may be the case that Corney has signed him on high wages, making a big dent in the budget. Where as Shez might have preferred to spend the money on a different player e.g a central midfielder and recruit a cheaper option for the left back position

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Might be why he went for him in the first place, you coach, the board will give you the players.

A new manager often comes in and has to work with what has got and not his own players. The days of managers signing players may be gone as agents now rule.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I had staff imposed on me when I was a manager at work, some were good some were bad, but we all had to pull together.

But was your sole task to deliver results based on these staff? did you have a limited budget to work with?Apples and Pears.

Sheridan is the expert vs Corney in terms of what is needed on the pitch. If Corney was buying over and above Sheridans budget then fair enough, but we all know we don't have that luxury. I suspect corney is getting involved when he sees cash cows for the future, but at the same time is wasting budget that sheridan needs here and now in more important areas. 

Edited by Blue_Guru