Shaun Miller - Ban

Carlisle striker Shaun Miller has become the first player in English football to be retrospectively banned for diving.

Anyone seen this? What do you think? Personally think its a bit harsh, to say the least. He collects possession in the box tries to control it and the opposition defender makes a bit of an untidy challenge which he kind of jumps out the way off - falls over, plays the ball when he's on the deck and carries on, doesn't even appeal the penalty. 

Surpised the FA care about anything outside of the prem, doesn't make sense

edit: just watched it and you're absolutely right, he isn't trying to dive and nobody is claiming anything, it's the referees mistake

Edited by cmr

20 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Carlisle striker Shaun Miller has become the first player in English football to be retrospectively banned for diving.

Anyone seen this? What do you think? Personally think its a bit harsh, to say the least. He collects possession in the box tries to control it and the opposition defender makes a bit of an untidy challenge which he kind of jumps out the way off - falls over, plays the ball when he's on the deck and carries on, doesn't even appeal the penalty. 

Sums it up very well.

The ref has dropped a bollock and he is being punished for it. Never a dive in a million years, neither Miller, nor any of his teammates, appeal for the penalty

42 minutes ago, cmr said:

Surpised the FA care about anything outside of the prem, doesn't make sense

Makes perfect sense I think.  I'll believe they are serious when they collar a star player from a top club.  Should be a lot easier to do so given the myriad camera angles available. 

Whether he dived or not, diving is only a yellow card offence, isn't it?  When is a player ever retrospectively banned for any other yellow card offence?  The new rules where you get a two-match ban for avoiding a yellow card during the game seem completely out of kilter to me.

27 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Whether he dived or not, diving is only a yellow card offence, isn't it?  When is a player ever retrospectively banned for any other yellow card offence?  The new rules where you get a two-match ban for avoiding a yellow card during the game seem completely out of kilter to me.

They didn't have the balls to introduce a two match ban for simulation where the referee does book you.

On 20/10/2017 at 4:58 PM, rudemedic said:

Sums it up very well.

The ref has dropped a bollock and he is being punished for it. Never a dive in a million years, neither Miller, nor any of his teammates, appeal for the penalty

FA in backward rule pisstaking shocker. I cant believe that football teams havent broken away from the FA tbh, it wont be long until it gets seen for the shambles it is. And thats from top to bottom. Even the local Sunday League staff are backwards