Plymouth (H)

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whats Gerrard brought since he was made captain or this season for that matter?

8 wins (4 of which were in the Checkatrade) in 28 apperances and 15 defeats. Not sure he is skipper material if i'm honest and he's hardly been a revelation since replacing Clarke who did have the ability to get the best out of those around him at times.

I tend to agree with you on this.

Clarke seemed to bring more organisation in the defence.

Too late now.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Of the two, I would rather have Fane on the pitch than Gardner. We do have the nucleus of a good team and I do believe a natural left-footed defender is on the way in. Pringle is more than capable but I do not think he is up to speed just yet. Is he too similar to Byrne? I'm not sure.

We do have the nucleus of a good team, i agree.

We are not going to agree about Fane and Gardner clearly, not for me either for different reasons.

If RW is putting faith in RG by playing him every week i don't think he is getting much back to replay that faith ..

23 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Nothing really. We need to upgrade on him massively. 

The first part of the season he was described on here as 'immense' and not many were criticising him then, something has gone wrong as he looks lacking in forcefulness and energy. 

Unfortunately, none of our other countless midfielders are doing much, including Byrne, who was especially disappointing today.

Gerrard despite carrying an injury did well though, he's about the only defender we have who knows how to defend.

Why RW didn't start with Nazon beats me. It just handed the initiative from the start to Plymouth who knew we'd be no threat up front.

Priority now are 2 strong full backs and a tall commanding experienced centre back. 

Edited by BP1960

3 massive days next week to safeguard our season - we need to sign a commanding centre half who can lead.  The two lads from Nantes might tick the CD and LB boxes but it's not the right time - need someone who knows this league and will drag us out of this dog fight.  I'm thinking a Clarke who's more mobile but at moment I'd favour Clarke over Gerrard and have a mobile CD next to him.

Also we need to play to Davies strengths.  Forgot about shipping the lad out.  Play two up front, width in midfield and create chances in and around the box.  Davies will sniff them out and score.

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:
11 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

If only we had someone like that Peter Clarke used to be like , before his legs went and clearly not the same player as last season , who’s now  at Bury so we need to look elsewhere and stop obsessing over him  

FIFY

And Gerrard/Edmunson are Maldini reborn aren’t they? Clarke would be better than what we have mentally and physically - he wouldn’t be getting red cards for pulling back strikers on the half way line for started 

6 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

And Gerrard/Edmunson are Maldini reborn aren’t they? Clarke would be better than what we have mentally and physically - he wouldn’t be getting red cards for pulling back strikers on the half way line for started 

But he’s a Bury player till the end of this season now bud doesn’t really matter what our personal opinions are cos that is an actual fact ! I think he should retire from playing next season. I’m grateful for last season but he’s dead now (his legs anyway)

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

But he’s a Bury player till the end of this season now bud doesn’t really matter what our personal opinions are cos that is an actual fact ! I think he should retire from playing next season. I’m grateful for last season but he’s dead now (his legs anyway)

I just don’t think we should have ever let him go - bud... the defence is a joke and I think legs or no legs he’d Marshall it better than we’ve seen since. Opinions and all - let’s hope a centre back or two are incoming cos what we have is shite and that’s being kind 

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I just don’t think we should have ever let him go - bud... the defence is a joke and I think legs or no legs he’d Marshall it better than we’ve seen since. Opinions and all - let’s hope a centre back or two are incoming cos what we have is shite and that’s being kind 

Bryan is not shite - pal .........

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Bryan is not shite - pal .........

I didn’t say he was... i rate him massively... I said the defence as a collective - please let’s not get into the playground arguments that really taint this place. I think a leader like clarke would help, I don’t rate Gerrard or Edmunson - you perhaps disagree. We both agree new blood would help. 

8 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I didn’t say he was... i rate him massively... I said the defence as a collective - please let’s not get into the playground arguments that really taint this place. I think a leader like clarke would help, I don’t rate Gerrard or Edmunson - you perhaps disagree. We both agree new blood would help. 

Haha. I’m honestly not trying that. Don’t let my negative reputation fool you , it was positive but it has been destroyed by 1 person who doesn’t even post anymore but votes me down ten times every day. It is understandable that people now think I’m a piss taker / troll. 

I’d like to see Bryan as a  DM when we’ve got a fully fit squad. Think he should go left-back next week, though. He got seriously bullied today, and as much as I like him, he’s a consistent face in the worst defence in the football league. Hopefully we can get a couple of centre-halves in before the deadline.

Edited by Ryan

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Haha. I’m honestly not trying that. Don’t let my negative reputation fool you , it was positive but it has been destroyed by 1 person who doesn’t even post anymore but votes me down ten times every day. It is understandable that people now think I’m a piss taker / troll. 

Some should need a licence to access the Internet! Apologies and happy to debate ?

9 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Has Nepo done a John Terry on the entire starting 11? That 10-15 minutes where they flat out refused to pass to him despite him being in miles of space was just bizarre 

Wellens needs to find a proper shape. I don't think even the players knew what our formation was in the first half. 

Indeed,he was stood there wondering if he was an ex Coventry player!

16 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Has Nepo done a John Terry on the entire starting 11? That 10-15 minutes where they flat out refused to pass to him despite him being in miles of space was just bizarre 

Wellens needs to find a proper shape. I don't think even the players knew what our formation was in the first half. 

Pringle was getting dog’s abuse after cutting back inside a couple of times and yet still continued to ignore Nepo. The sarcastic cheer when he finally got a touch said it all. One of the strangest debacles I’ve witnessed at BP, like he was genuinely invisible, very weird.

Just now, Ryan said:

Pringle was getting dog’s abuse after cutting back inside a couple of times and yet still continued to ignore Nepo. The sarcastic cheer when he finally got a touch said it all. One of the strangest debacles I’ve witnessed at BP, like he was genuinely invisible, very weird.

Pringle was the main culprit, at one point he had his head up and Nepo was 5 yards away in clear space, and instead he decided to turn back into midfield and try and beat two men. There's some extremely thick footballers in this squad which unfortunately is why we are where we are.

So much wrong with that performance today. Dummigan was dreadful first half, was massively out of position for both goals to the point that BYRNE was playing right back at one point just before the second. 

Nepochino must have boffed everyone's wife this week as everyone ignored him. The lad did well not to snap someone in half through frustration.

Pringle looks sooooo slow, almost like a younger Paul Green. Don't yet see what the hype is about. 

No-one wanted to shoot.

The new lad up front just ended up blending into our flat midfield and looked frustrated through out.

We started with one up front at home AGAIN. I like Wellens, I think he had settled the team down at first and has made some good decisions transfer wise, however we can't keep losing like this. He is rapidly becoming like the others before him, the weight of expectation is becoming too much for him overcome. He needs time, but if we want to stay up in this league, I don't think it's time we can afford. 

49 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

So much wrong with that performance today. Dummigan was dreadful first half, was massively out of position for both goals to the point that BYRNE was playing right back at one point just before the second. 

Nepochino must have boffed everyone's wife this week as everyone ignored him. The lad did well not to snap someone in half through frustration.

Pringle looks sooooo slow, almost like a younger Paul Green. Don't yet see what the hype is about. 

No-one wanted to shoot.

The new lad up front just ended up blending into our flat midfield and looked frustrated through out.

We started with one up front at home AGAIN. I like Wellens, I think he had settled the team down at first and has made some good decisions transfer wise, however we can't keep losing like this. He is rapidly becoming like the others before him, the weight of expectation is becoming too much for him overcome. He needs time, but if we want to stay up in this league, I don't think it's time we can afford. 

Bang on.

There is a big issue with the quality of balls into the box with this team. We have many crosses in every match, but rarely do they look dangerous or cause problems. 

I thought we didn't actually play that badly after going two goals down, and two excellent saves and poor finishing kept them in it. That's a huge problem though, if you keep starting so sloppily you will always be struggling. I think the players are really low on confidence, I am not sure how we can turn this around unless we get a few more new players in. 

10 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

That is a terrible reputation, you are nowhere near intelligent enough to be a piss taker.