Plymouth (H)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, singe said:

RW said in his after match, that he took Fane of partly as he was struggling with a groin strain.

He also said they worked on delaing with Carey int he week

That he has goven them too much onformaiton tactically.

Threw Dummigan under the bus for the goal, and that he took him literally about coming inside.

Not a happy ship at the mpment I  am sensing.

Calling players out in public but not getting a reaction is some what alarming.

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Rigsby, can you please explain why you need to make the same point so many times. It's like having a mosquito in the room. A negative twat of a mosquito at that who appears to positively enjoy wallowing in our defeats.

It's all about opinions on a forum and they are often polarised when the sh*t hits the fan. I'm not saying I agree with Rigsby, he is who he is but there is no point in letting his comments get you wound up.

2 hours ago, rigsby said:

Wellens was the cheap option...

And yet again its biting the club on its arse.

This argument doesn't work though. He was the option who won his first 5 games on the bounce, and we were playing exceptionally well. If he hadn't been appointed and someone else comes in and it goes downhill. You would've said "we should've got wellens in instead". 

56 minutes ago, pukka said:

How did Pringle get man of the match?

Either the sponsors were doing it for a laugh, or were sniffing glue all game.

No way he should have got it.So who should?.            For me    Davies,  just for his second half efforts.   We were all round very poor today.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Ben Pringle man of the match, are you having a fucking laugh? Got to be a piss take that!!!!

And whilst bringing Nazons on was correct, taking Fane off was a baffling decision by Wellens.

Oh and Dummigan had a TERRIBLE first half.

Pringle was awful. Fane shouldn't have gone off. Agreed with that but, I feel for dummy. He has to do the job of 2 whenever Byrne plays 'on the right'. At one point we had Pringle, Byrne and Macca all within 5 yards of each other on the left hand side. Lob sided midfield isn't helping anyone out. 

9 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Difference was they had a striker who can hold it up and get under the defences skin. Playing 1 upfront can work but, unfortunately Davies is nowhere near good/strong enough to do it. 

Couldn’t disagree more, Davies upfront on his own isn’t good, but playing 1 up front at home is so negative, especially when the midfield don’t support, as soon as we go 2 up top, Davies was excellent, very easily the best striker on our books.

25 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's all about opinions on a forum and they are often polarised when the sh*t hits the fan. I'm not saying I agree with Rigsby, he is who he is but there is no point in letting his comments get you wound up.

I'm not disputing his right to an opinion. I'm just querying the frequency with which he proffers his.

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm not disputing his right to an opinion. I'm just querying the frequency with which he proffers his.

Probably because i was met with howls of derision and abuse when i confidently predicted the season going tits up in early Dec.

People also conveniently forget my posts the night we beat Bury and also Northampton.

TBH i dont really care about some of the morons on this site- esp the ones who gave me abuse for my OPINION, they can have it shoved back down their cakehole.

BTW despite what some think i want the club i support to get back up the ladder.

Do i think wellens is out of his depth? Yes.

Do i think Fane and Gardner are good enough ? NO.

Do i think TTA are asset strippers? YES.

I understand its about opinions, mine are my own.

I dont give a hoot if they are popular, im no shrinking violet but some of the name calling like c**t are unacceptable..

1 minute ago, rigsby said:

BTW despite what some think i want the club i support to get back up the ladder.

I dont give a hoot if they are popular, im no shrinking violet but some of the name calling like c**t are unacceptable..

What's that old saying? If the cap fits...

Everybody has an entitled opinion and that should be respected. Petty name calling, I do not agree with but...without talking face-to-face, it is nigh on impossible to gauge the tone in which things are said. It is the great downfall of social media. Infinite communication channels and a complete lack of actual human interaction. Would that be an oxymoron?? :D 

I think we all realize by now the team is in a battle to avoid relegation.

The trick now is to turn this season around, i'm firmly of the belief that it CAN be turned round but certain things have to happen now.

We have several good players in this team, i like 

Bryan

Byrne

Holloway

Placide

Davies

I havent seen the new lad up front but it sounds like he could be good, very good.

Bryan has to partner Gerrard in defence, there are no other options.

MIDFIELD is a huge issue- bearing in mind i dont believe Fane and Gardner are up to it that leaves gaps to fill.If i were AL i would be looking towards a matty palmer type (yes he is very good) , before the deadline we HAVE to get a matty palmer type player into that midfield.

And if i were honest i would like a LB - 

The trick now is to turn this season around, i'm firmly of the belief that it CAN be turned round but certain things have to happen now.

Bryan

Byrne

Holloway

Placide

Davies

I havent seen the new lad up front but it sounds like he could be good, very good.

MIDFIELD is a huge issue- bearing in mind i dont believe Fane and Gardner are up to it that leaves gaps to fill.If i were AL i would be looking towards a matty palmer type (yes he is very good) , before the deadline we HAVE to get a matty palmer type player into that midfield.

4 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Bryan

Byrne

Holloway

Placide

Davies

You've got all our problems wrong in my opinion. Fair enough Fane splits opinion but for me he's one of the first names on the sheet.

We have a terrible pitch ( so should be using it to our advantage) can't really score and certainly can't keep a clean sheet. We need to be grinding out results, but unlike Shez twice it seems Wellens doesn't know how or has the personnel up for the battle.

Edited by welshgaz

Just now, welshgaz said:

You've got all our problems wrong in my opinion. Fair enough Fane splits opinion but for me he's one of the first names on the sheet.

We have a terrible pitch, can't really score and certainly can't keep a clean sheet. We need to be grinding out results, but unlike Shez twice it seems Wellens doesn't know how or has the personnel up for the battle.

What does Gardner bring to the team ?

For me he has the ability but very very rarely shows it, and i find his workrate poor.

Bryan

Byrne

Holloway

Placide

Davies

I'd get that one and a half minute plan sent off to AL as soon as, you never know your dreams of becoming our very own Mike Bassett may well come true, LJ would be so proud of you.

Whats Gerrard brought since he was made captain or this season for that matter?

8 wins (4 of which were in the Checkatrade) in 28 apperances and 15 defeats. Not sure he is skipper material if i'm honest and he's hardly been a revelation since replacing Clarke who did have the ability to get the best out of those around him at times.

12 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Bryan

Byrne

Holloway

Placide

Davies

Of the two, I would rather have Fane on the pitch than Gardner. We do have the nucleus of a good team and I do believe a natural left-footed defender is on the way in. Pringle is more than capable but I do not think he is up to speed just yet. Is he too similar to Byrne? I'm not sure.