Tactics 4-4-2 no wingers

That was awful. The tactics have to come under question as it just isn’t working. 

Fane is clearly not good enough to play in a 2 in midfield. Gardner left as only central mid with any passing ability so we can’t put anything together. Byrne and Pringle aren’t wide players and can’t get in game. At least Pringle works hard though but why nepo, mcglaughling or the Irish lad who can dribble aren’t used amazes me.

urgent rethink for rest of season on team or formation for me

Worrying that we are deep in relegation mire and showing very poor form.

We are trying to play wide and its putting too much emphasis on the full backs and as you say it's not working, 

Got to go narrow with Holloway and Doyle up front and Byrne just behind them.

Monday is now the biggest game of the season & if RW can't get them fired up then league 2 here we come. 

Bryan needs to play holding midfield, Fane is restricting the team to much. If you look at Wigan’s holding midfielders today, they not only tackle they pass, and if you can’t pass as a holding midfield player there is and issue. Get Edmundson at centre half, and play a strong midfield and dominate possession, and focus on retention instead of bypassing the midfield all the time. Which playing Fane we naturally do, he should be getting the ball from the centre backs 

I'm sorry but have to agree. 

Tactical experience is a must at this time of the season...as we have seen over the past few years. 

You play to your strengths and do what you need to do, and Wellens isn't doing this or simply just doesn't know how to. 

I don't like talking about Shez as he dug his own grave imo earlier this season, and at the time had to go. 

But look at Fleetwood now. 6 games unbeaten since Shez appointed, 2 goals conceded and now pretty much safe. He knows what to do and get players to execute a plan. 

We have the players but Wellens continued tactical nieveness really worries me now and unless he gets it right soon we will really be in the shit. 

Next 3 games critical for Wellens otherwise I can see AL getting rid and trying someone else for the last 5 or 6 games. 

6 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I'm sorry but have to agree. 

Tactical experience is a must at this time of the season...as we have seen over the past few years. 

You play to your strengths and do what you need to do, and Wellens isn't doing this or simply just doesn't know how to. 

I don't like talking about Shez as he dug his own grave imo earlier this season, and at the time had to go. 

But look at Fleetwood now. 6 games unbeaten since Shez appointed, 2 goals conceded and now pretty much safe. He knows what to do and get players to execute a plan. 

We have the players but Wellens continued tactical nieveness really worries me now and unless he gets it right soon we will really be in the shit. 

Next 3 games critical for Wellens otherwise I can see AL getting rid and trying someone else for the last 5 or 6 games. 

Whilst I agree a change in approach is needed to get a new manager with 6 games to go would change absolutely nothing - stay up or go down Wellens gets to see this season out for me. Should we go down? That’s the question whether he gets next season 

Hoping Gerrard is fit soon, Fane needs dropping, move Bryan back to midfield and go with Gerrard and Wilson at the back. Midfield is a major problem at the minute, Gardner has been OK but we need the Loanee Byrne back, this version the last month or so has been shit. Pringle can go back for me, shadow of the player he was 3 years ago at Rotherham, get Mceleny starting games on the left. I’ve stuck up for Davies all season, but its time for him to be dropped, lets get back to playing some football and go with Nazon’s pace with Doyle as well. 

Handful of games yet and we still don't know our best eleven, probably the biggest squad we've had in years yet we still play round pegs in square holes, one upfront should of been the formation today with the players we've got but whatever reason Wellens stubbornly insists on playing the same donkeys and mard arses in positions they fail in week after week, will it be too late before he realises. 

• Like 1

The diamond hasn't suites us for ages..gives teams half the pitch to attack us and means we have little width. The team are obsessd with giving the ball to bryne at times we will have decent possession but give it back to bryne for no reason..go for a proper 4 4 2. And get the ball in early. Too open at the back to ponderous going forward that's us this season. Play the in the opponents half that's what I want to see 

On 31/03/2018 at 1:18 AM, Buckshawlatic said:

Whilst I agree a change in approach is needed to get a new manager with 6 games to go would change absolutely nothing - stay up or go down Wellens gets to see this season out for me. Should we go down? That’s the question whether he gets next season 

Yes but Fleetwood have better defenders than our shower. All Shez needed to do was sort their defence out to be a solid unit. Then play the counter attack. That’s what he did for us.