A plea to our Trust . . . . . .

To our Trust Directors

The demise of Bury FC should be turned into a positive for Oldham Athletic AFC

Now is the time for the Trust to reach out for a 'Blue & Tangerine Army' of volunteers

The Trust Committee should urgently list all the 'volunteer skills' they need to 'staff up' for the fight for our very future and get them posted on the Fans Forums and Twitter.

You will hopefully get plenty of skilled volunteers or absolutely confirm our fan base is content to 'twiddle their thumbs'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tGWB said:

To our Trust Directors

The demise of Bury FC should be turned into a positive for Oldham Athletic AFC

Now is the time for the Trust to reach out for a 'Blue & Tangerine Army' of volunteers

The Trust Committee should urgently list all the 'volunteer skills' they need to 'staff up' for the fight for our very future and get them posted on the Fans Forums and Twitter.

You will hopefully get plenty of skilled volunteers or absolutely confirm our fan base is content to 'twiddle their thumbs'

No chance. They're volunteers themselves, they don't have time for this

1 hour ago, yarddogs said:

Still waiting for answers from the Trust from the fans meeting last season, the Trust have been very quite recently.

More reason to reach out for new volunteers

Likely a few of the Trust are on holiday with it being school holidays

32 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Apparently there will be a Trust announcement this week, but I suspect it'll just be more fluff less substance. #DTTT

Have said it before sjk2008, its probably like walking on eggshells trying to please everybody most of the time

Not quite the trusts scheme, but OAFC could use the Bury fan base as a way to get some money in, or make some more money in the kiosks. Perhaps offer a free ticket to the next Latics game for any Bury Season ticket holder. Even if they put them in the away end, they make some confection money from them. A few hundred bury fans will want some form of Saturday football for at least the short term.

25 minutes ago, youngen said:

Not quite the trusts scheme, but OAFC could use the Bury fan base as a way to get some money in, or make some more money in the kiosks. Perhaps offer a free ticket to the next Latics game for any Bury Season ticket holder. Even if they put them in the away end, they make some confection money from them. A few hundred bury fans will want some form of Saturday football for at least the short term.

I certainly wouldn't be going to Bury if it were the other way round...

26 minutes ago, youngen said:

Would you go to watch Bury if the roles were reversed ? I certainly wouldn’t. Think the uptake if any, would be minimal and not worth the risk of violence. 

46 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Would you go to watch Bury if the roles were reversed ? I certainly wouldn’t. Think the uptake if any, would be minimal and not worth the risk of violence. 

Would be no threat of violence from our fans who are impeccable & welcoming.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I certainly wouldn't be going to Bury if it were the other way round...

Yeah. I keep reading that clubs are offering free/reduced entry to Bury fans. Salford being one.

Why the fuck do they think a Bury fan would want to go and watch Salford days after their own club being expelled from the league? Or ever. 

Bizarre in the extreme. 

19 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yeah. I keep reading that clubs are offering free/reduced entry to Bury fans. Salford being one.

Why the fuck do they think a Bury fan would want to go and watch Salford days after their own club being expelled from the league? Or ever. 

Bizarre in the extreme. 

Media attention seeking.

No right-minded football fan would take up such an offer.

37 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Bizarre in the extreme. 

Salford RL, not Salford City...

Regular posters on OWTB, all commenting on this thread. 

I only joined the Trust this year but really 

interested to know how many of you are 

Trust members

mcfluff1985 . yarddogs . sjk2008 . youngen . deyres42

simplythemostimportantkick . mickjagger

oafcshuck . HarryBosch . JohnnyPimp

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Regular posters on OWTB, all commenting on this thread. 

I only joined the Trust this year but really 

interested to know how many of you are 

Trust members

mcfluff1985 . yarddogs . sjk2008 . youngen . deyres42

simplythemostimportantkick . mickjagger

oafcshuck . HarryBosch . JohnnyPimp

It took me years just to get my free membership for having a season ticket, not a chance I'm risking £10 after that 😐

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It took me years just to get my free membership for having a season ticket, not a chance I'm risking £10 after that 😐

Thanks for the feedback.

Had a season ticket myself for years until recently and wasn’t aware it made me a Trust member either.

Joined the Trust this time because I simply dont see anything being remotely close enough to helping our supporters have a voice. 

Firmly believe that the more our supporters join the Trust, the more our Club will listen to us 

I’ve joined the Trust towards the end of last season didn’t realise if you had a season ticket you were already a member so that’s £10 i’ll never see again.I won’t be renewing as seen very little action from the Trust.

12 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

I’ve joined the Trust towards the end of last season didn’t realise if you had a season ticket you were already a member so that’s £10 i’ll never see again.I won’t be renewing as seen very little action from the Trust.

No, you're not anymore. You have to pay.

I'm doubting myself as I type this... 

3 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Thanks for the feedback.

For me they need to promote/update their work more regularly, particularly when clubs around us are struggling and hitting all the news feeds

Maybe its because there are so few of them, scrambling around because theyre so stretched. 

Just think it’d be a shame not to try and make the best of the platform they have. 

Need to build on the Trust membership though to give them a better chance to be heard by the Club

14 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

The offer doesn't apply any more, it was a couple of seasons ago.

Archived