Macclesfield/Latics.

Is it £50k a week our owner is funding us or is it £60k a month. Either way thank god for the great man otherwise we would be in all kinds of shit.

Plus another great man Barry Owen went on Radio Manchester to tell us all that the club was in its best shape financially for some years on the 29th of February 2020 prior to the game against Newport all the time we weren't paying players ontime.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I know they are perceived generally as incompetent but I think they can probably read. 

they can but under their rules unless someone makes a formal complaint at the time they cannot act nobody did no action taken unlike macc where players did report 

22 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

they can but under their rules unless someone makes a formal complaint at the time they cannot act nobody did no action taken unlike macc where players did report 

Hard to imagine the PFA wouldn't routinely report such matters 

Oldham routinely have stopped paying on time, the players and staff who have become surplus to requirements or even just out of favour.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Hard to imagine the PFA wouldn't routinely report such matters 

I absolutely agree Dave.  I know the PFA were informed by players in that position.

why didn’t they report that to the EFL routinely.  It would be hugely helpful as a deterrent to clubs from doing this if they knew the EFL were watching and may apply sanctions.

This is yet another news story that chips away at the small amount of credibility that AL has left.

On the one hand we have a steady influx of English based players in preparation for the coming season. The club has arranged pre-season friendlies to bring our limited squad some much needed match practice. As of yet there has been no announcement of a front of shirt sponsor and the anniversary celebrations so far have been somewhat nondescript.

The petty squabble over the North Stand rumbles on to the detriment of the fans. Season ticket sales are potentially the worst for many a year.

The continuing cloud that surrounds the club is tedious in the extreme and frankly embarrassing. We will learn more following todays EFL review meeting but even the die hard support must be coming to the end of it’s patience.

The fear I have had for some time now that the club is about to implode and die is more real than ever. We surely cannot survive much longer if things don’t change.

13 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Splitting hairs, but not an appeal is it? Just a request that the EFL look at not enforcing the relegation because of the uncertainty over the NL starting.

The EFL won't admit they got it wrong and this will fizzle out..until the next time it happens when they may have to take action.

"OLDHAM Athletic have confirmed they have had warnings from the EFL over the late payment of wages but have denied they are the subject of a transfer embargo." 

"Some players did not receive their salaries on time in January, February and March."

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/18670883.oldham-athletic-admit-warned-late-wages/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived