Trust/FSA survey results and analysis now released

Thanks Underdog. 

I am very impressed with the work of the Interim Board to date and it is very clear that there is a consensus of feeling amongst the Trust Membership that they wish the Trust to continue and operate in a more challenging way to the club whilst maintaining a critical friend approach (if that is possible given any discord between Trust and Club to date). 

I am aware that the Acting Chair of the Trust and yourself are standing in to get the Trust to the AGM...... I think that whatever progress has been made to date (and there has been a lot!!) may be lost if the most committed and skilled members of the Trust do not volunteer to stand for election at the AGM. 

I do thank you both for your efforts to date and wish you both well in your quest to get an effective operational Trust to follow through the FSA campaign and the Fans Expectations of the club * (* where they may differ from FSA)      

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Thanks @underdog. Although there was a good turnout of 64% in the survey, it suggests that The Trust only has a current membership of about 204. Can they say that they really represent the fans?  

It's not an ideal cross section by any stretch, but quite possibly the best we have. How many regular posters on here for example?.

3 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Thanks Underdog. 

I am very impressed with the work of the Interim Board to date and it is very clear that there is a consensus of feeling amongst the Trust Membership that they wish the Trust to continue and operate in a more challenging way to the club whilst maintaining a critical friend approach (if that is possible given any discord between Trust and Club to date). 

I am aware that the Acting Chair of the Trust and yourself are standing in to get the Trust to the AGM...... I think that whatever progress has been made to date (and there has been a lot!!) may be lost if the most committed and skilled members of the Trust do not volunteer to stand for election at the AGM. 

I do thank you both for your efforts to date and wish you both well in your quest to get an effective operational Trust to follow through the FSA campaign and the Fans Expectations of the club * (* where they may differ from FSA)      

I'll second that.

Thanks chaps... its been a tough few weeks for the interim board team

they say you should never go back....I must be off my tiny little rocker to stick that old target firmly on my back again. hahah

I have just completed my second Zoom meeting this week with it all...aagghh. A few hours admin a week they say Pah!.

The Trust acting chair has another year so Philippa does not need to stand for election. I hope we can all between us, persuade her to stay on as she was of the mind to resign like the others did.

Yes I have to stand for election and pass a members vote.......so there is still time for me to get outta this...heheh

34 minutes ago, underdog said:

Thanks chaps... its been a tough few weeks for the interim board team

they say you should never go back....I must be off my tiny little rocker to stick that old target firmly on my back again. hahah

I have just completed my second Zoom meeting this week with it all...aagghh. A few hours admin a week they say Pah!.

The Trust acting chair has another year so Philippa does not need to stand for election. I hope we can all between us, persuade her to stay on as she was of the mind to resign like the others did.

Yes I have to stand for election and pass a members vote.......so there is still time for me to get outta this...heheh

What made you want to return out of interest? 

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What made you want to return out of interest? 

Trust chair, acting chair and vice chair were asking me on and off for months to come back.

I said it was only fair that others step up first and I would see after AGM if there were any skills gaps then, i could infill.

Then the Trust spectacularly imploded and the Trust acting chair only action was to appoint a caretaker/interim board and she asked me to come back.

I won't see a friend struggle and I am not working so i agreed.

How insane am I?

18 minutes ago, underdog said:

Trust chair, acting chair and vice chair were asking me on and off for months to come back.

I said it was only fair that others step up first and I would see after AGM if there were any skills gaps then, i could infill.

Then the Trust spectacularly imploded and the Trust acting chair only action was to appoint a caretaker/interim board and she asked me to come back.

I won't see a friend struggle and I am not working so i agreed.

How insane am I?

Not insane at all. 

It’s called loyalty to something you love. 

Amen to that. 

Q6. Maybe it's how the graph is sub-titled, but if you want to use 'staying away' then surely the away only 16.5% should be considered? And even then you could argue against it if we really wanted to. Can't attend and irregular visitors doesn't really mean staying away, and possibly shouldn't be regarded as part of the 44.7%?

Possibly title change to Supporter Attendance Intention and removing the sub? 'Staying away' sounds like there's an axe to grind and sends out a wrong message. Anyway, that's my take.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Q6. Maybe it's how the graph is sub-titled, but if you want to use 'staying away' then surely the away only 16.5% should be considered? And even then you could argue against it if we really wanted to. Can't attend and irregular visitors doesn't really mean staying away, and possibly shouldn't be regarded as part of the 44.7%?

Possibly title change to Supporter Attendance Intention and removing the sub? 'Staying away' sounds like there's an axe to grind and sends out a wrong message. Anyway, that's my take.

Agreed. I'm part of the irregulars, not unreasonable I don't think as I've lived around 200 miles away for forty years. I'm not going much if at all but that's not a boycott as such. 

Archived