I’ve been a member of the OWTB since 2003.

Avid fan, met O4U a few times and he helped me through my depression, one of the best he was.

I posted nearly every day but the last two years possible only twice including this post.

I didn’t know we were playing last night, until my fiancée came downstairs with our baby in an Oldham baby grow saying you must be pleased they won. 

I am a realist, Oldham has broken my heart for over 40 years. How are we looking squad wise, resources, north stand, owners, fans, trust, push the boundary. 

I don’t get chance to keep up, I use to love the match days chat on here when sometimes there were 100 plus fans having the banter when we were being beat at Torquay on a Tuesday night in the depths of winter.👍👍

18 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I am a realist, Oldham has broken my heart for over 40 years. How are we looking squad wise, resources, north stand, owners, fans, trust, push the boundary. 

I don't want to make matters worse but all the above are in pretty dire straits to be honest. And to add insult to injury the new pies are not good, they're not even doing a steak and kidney for god's sake. On the plus side I've been twice so far and can say I have definitely seen worse. Last night was even enjoyable -apart from the pie, obviously. And I can also say that based on last night's 60 minutes Dylan Bahamboula is likely to turn out to be one of the most exciting players I've seen in 50 years of going to BP alongside the likes of Groves, Ritchie and my first hero Keith Bebbington. Note I said most exciting not best before I'm jumped on.

Add to that I woke up this morning with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. It doesn't take much as a Latics fan. 

I try to keep out all the negative external noise but there's an awful lot of it. For the moment I'll focus on the positives I've taken from the first 2 games and leave it at that. We both know something will go wrong sooner or later but no point in worrying about it. Take care.

16 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Avid fan, met O4U a few times and he helped me through my depression, one of the best he was.

I posted nearly every day but the last two years possible only twice including this post.

I didn’t know we were playing last night, until my fiancée came downstairs with our baby in an Oldham baby grow saying you must be pleased they won. 

I don’t get chance to keep up, I use to love the match days chat on here when sometimes there were 100 plus fans having the banter when we were being beat at Torquay on a Tuesday night in the depths of winter.👍👍

It’s been fairly quiet, nothing much to report. 

3 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Ticky Pip, Lukers. Long time, no see/hear. I'm sorry to hear you've not been on top form, but welcome back. There is a story behind Ticky Pip that only Lukers will understand.

Sad to say the Basket Case Brothers are still here and manage to find new ways of pissing off the fans, although there are green shoots of progress in certain areas. Last night's match sounded like an absolute corker. I was breathless just listening to it! So maybe the team is going to do better than we expected. We can hope.

If all goes well, I'll be at the Bristol Rovers match next week, so I'll give them a cheer for you. I'm always around (like a bad smell, really), so maybe we can manage a chat sometime. PM me if you want.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:34 PM, Lukers1 said:

Such as shame so many have reached this point with the club. Sport is supposed to help, isn't it?

Congrats on the kid and congrats on the wife who checks Latics scores, what more can ya want?

On 8/11/2021 at 4:34 PM, Lukers1 said:

Good to hear from you mate, and glad you and your family are well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 8:32 PM, Bristolatic said:

Ticky Pip, Lukers. Long time, no see/hear. I'm sorry to hear you've not been on top form, but welcome back. There is a story behind Ticky Pip that only Lukers will understand.

Sad to say the Basket Case Brothers are still here and manage to find new ways of pissing off the fans, although there are green shoots of progress in certain areas. Last night's match sounded like an absolute corker. I was breathless just listening to it! So maybe the team is going to do better than we expected. We can hope.

If all goes well, I'll be at the Bristol Rovers match next week, so I'll give them a cheer for you. I'm always around (like a bad smell, really), so maybe we can manage a chat sometime. PM me if you want.

Amazing to hear from you sir, Ticky Pip, made me smile did that. How do I send you a PM?. 👍👍

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

Amazing to hear from you sir, Ticky Pip, made me smile did that. How do I send you a PM?. 👍👍

Click the envelope in the top right hand corner to open, click "Compose New", enter my username in the "who to" box and type your message in the big box.

Archived