Signing

I hope Fondop can do a job for us, at least a big target man gives us a chance of holding the ball up and bringing team mates into play, rather than the ball coming straight back at us all the time.

That said, quite a few times on Saturday one of Bahamboula or DKD would win the ball up front and flick it on from a header, but the other didn't anticipate it and nor did anyone else. If Fondop is going to be a target man his team mates have to show some gumption and at least try to anticipate where the ball will land. I'm not expecting Toshack and Keegan, but the occasional dangerous link up play in/near the opposition's penalty area would be nice.

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I hope Fondop can do a job for us, at least a big target man gives us a chance of holding the ball up and bringing team mates into play, rather than the ball coming straight back at us all the time.

That said, quite a few times on Saturday one of Bahamboula or DKD would win the ball up front and flick it on from a header, but the other didn't anticipate it and nor did anyone else. If Fondop is going to be a target man his team mates have to show some gumption and at least try to anticipate where the ball will land. I'm not expecting Toshack and Keegan, but the occasional dangerous link up play in/near the opposition's penalty area would be nice.

So frustrating as a second striker when youre constantly making amazing runs but your comrade never wins a header. After about an hour youre fucked wo hardly touching the ball so you don't make the run that one time and obviously that's the one he flicks on 🤬

Inevitably, the gaffer spots it aswell and takes you off bc you 'look tired'.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

So frustrating as a second striker when youre constantly making amazing runs but your comrade never wins a header. After about an hour youre fucked wo hardly touching the ball so you don't make the run that one time and obviously that's the one he flicks on 🤬

Inevitably, the gaffer spots it aswell and takes you off bc you 'look tired'.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ha true, but the trouble is there were few if any amazing runs on Saturday! Little/no creativity that I could see v Rochdale, we need an improvement fast!

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ha true, but the trouble is there were few if any amazing runs on Saturday! Little/no creativity that I could see v Rochdale, we need an improvement fast!

No that's true. l did see Big Dyl win a couple of headers on saturday but absolutely no idea what the plan was there. Be better just smashing it at him and relying on his touch.

1 hour ago, Mercater said:

Some decent stuff in there and strong enough to hold the ball and play it off. That first header is a corker

I once score for OASIS from in my own half.  That would look good on a (short) highlights reel

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

EFL Official Website - Embargo Reporting Service

But it doesn't say what the restrictions are

Not as clear as it could be, is it?

It's interesting that they have signed Feeney as well - who was also with us and did really well in his last full season at the club. He had a significant number of assists from crosses to Gnanduillet. I'm assuming Scunny are hoping for more of he same with Nuttall, who is reasonably good in the air.

40 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Not as clear as it could be, is it?

It's interesting that they have signed Feeney as well - who was also with us and did really well in his last full season at the club. He had a significant number of assists from crosses to Gnanduillet. I'm assuming Scunny are hoping for more of he same with Nuttall, who is reasonably good in the air.

They say they publish in the interests of transparency.  Ha!!

Archived