Signing

I don't want to sound too positive and in reality I am underwhelmed by this deadline day business but didn't OAFC fans once scoff at our signing of Burton Albion reserve Matty Palmer who turned out to be a critical part of our survival push under Shez? Also recall fans being underwhelmed with Curtis Main and he turned out decent for us under the great man too. 

Clutching at straws I suppose but Fondop could be the answer to our prayers.....hoping he is rather than expecting tbh       

17 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I don't want to sound too positive and in reality I am underwhelmed by this deadline day business but didn't OAFC fans once scoff at our signing of Burton Albion reserve Matty Palmer who turned out to be a critical part of our survival push under Shez? Also recall fans being underwhelmed with Curtis Main and he turned out decent for us under the great man too. 

Clutching at straws I suppose but Fondop could be the answer to our prayers.....hoping he is rather than expecting tbh       

I think on each occasion it was supplemented by two or three others as well- giving us nearly half a new team. 

To rely on this lad as our sole signing is bad enough. But worse than that the rest of the players have nobody pushing them on or giving them a lift and Shez is left recycling the same players. 

We are a worse position. 

With less games.

With less new signings. 

We’re down. 

Shez has performed near miracles for us before. This time it's not a near miracle we need but one on a par to "walking on water". If he does manage to keep us up, his status as one of the greatest Latics' legends will surely be confirmed. 

If we do stay up, I hope it does not give renewed impetus to the owner i.e. attendances improve dramatically during the run-in, feel-good factor at avoiding the drop etc. This regime has been an unmitigated disaster for Oldham Athletic, from the season it took over, and may yet prove to be the one that kills off a once very proud and respected club.   

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Another plus would be is couto and Vaughan done leave he has them two to add to Saturday. However if the club cash in and don’t bring in another two it’s an absolute disgrace on a whole new level!

I don't think there is any danger of either leaving at this point.

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

There is still a chance that Scunny may sign Nuttall from us this evening. He's had a hard time with us but I have a feeling he will score goals in L2.

Edit to add : now confirmed, he has signed for them.

Do we have a Nuttall? Don't know him if we do. Academy player? Don't remember him in the first team squad. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

If we do stay up, I hope it does not give renewed impetus to the owner i.e. attendances improve dramatically during the run-in, feel-good factor at avoiding the drop etc. This regime has been an unmitigated disaster for Oldham Athletic, from the season it took over, and may yet prove to be the one that kills off a once very proud and respected club

Thought the exact same today. 

I’m desperate to stay up, but I don’t want it to mean they stay- for exactly the reasons you point out. 

I don’t want to go down, but if it meant  the final nail in their coffin it would make it more palatable. 

Archived