Club Statement 25.04.22

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

No manager has a chance if that useless t**t Mo has any input.

Reckon Wild would be a good shout if allowed to build his own squad. Done a good job helping Halifax punch above their financial weight but, whatever happens, it is arrogant to assume we will reclaim our "rightful" EFL place in a hurry. 

not as arrogant as assuming a man who cited mental health issues to quit on us would suddenly want to leave his well functionin plan to come bck here 😂

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I can't solve the off field stuff Bas, only a multimillionaire can do that.

On the pitch this is a chance to reset and appoint a young progressive coach who advocates attacking football played on the floor and give them a chance to build a team supporters enjoy watching and can be proud of.

I don't think anyone would argue with your second sentence.

But don't you think there is a disconnect from the first sentence? Put another way, until a multi-millionaire turns up, what do you think should be done? Because I don't think many of your fans think the current owner is capable of delivering the kind of coach you describe, and one way or another something needs to happen to persuade him to step aside. 

I don't necessarily think a multi-millionaire is the answer, by the way. Exeter don't have one of those as far as I know, and look where they are.

2 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't think anyone would argue with your second sentence.

But don't you think there is a disconnect from the first sentence? Put another way, until a multi-millionaire turns up, what do you think should be done? Because I don't think many of your fans think the current owner is capable of delivering the kind of coach you describe, and one way or another something needs to happen to persuade him to step aside. 

I don't necessarily think a multi-millionaire is the answer, by the way. Exeter don't have one of those as far as I know, and look where they are.

If a multimillionaire doesn't turn up then I'd imagine we would continue on our current trajectory unless we stumbled across a group of players and a manager who were able to outperform their odds.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If a multimillionaire doesn't turn up then I'd imagine we would continue on our current trajectory unless we stumbled across a group of players and a manager who were able to outperform their odds.

That is very likely to be true. But I am sure you want far better than that. What would you do to change things?

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There is one of those managers at Halifax. Oldham fan I believe, nice bloke….

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I'm told Sheridan has already accepted the offer and it's done and dusted. Will probably be announced in a press conference on Wednesday

If that’s true, then there is no imminent prospect of a sale, which is very alarming.

Coco supposedly put the club up for sale in January. I don’t accept that he can’t find a way out by the start of next season in August, which would give him a 7 month window to sell up and disappear. No owner with a serious/imminent prospect of selling would bother to bequeath a permanent manager on the incoming regime in the circumstances we face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

I bet he has less points per games for this season than Curle

I worked it out before the last game. If we had Shez for the season I think I had it that we'd have been on 45 points before Salford.

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Absolutely brainless to appoint Sheridan. When did he last build a decent side? 2010...?

I don't agree with shez being appointed but more because I think the Lemmies are setting him up as the fall guy.

Plymouth 2013/14 finished 10th after they never finished higher than 21st

The following season 7th

So looks like you're talking as much bollocks there as when you said Shaeed was the most competent employee of the clowns- had a look at those 2018 accounts yet?

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I don't agree with shez being appointed but more because I think the Lemmies are setting him up as the fall guy.

The following season 7th

So looks like you're talking as much bollocks there as when you said Shaeed was the most competent employee of the clowns- had a look at those 2018 accounts yet?

Finished 10th 8 years ago... you haven't exactly won the arguement with that fact have you  

3 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Finished 10th 8 years ago... you haven't exactly won the arguement with that fact have you  

Sinnot said he last build a decent side in 2010 - 12 years ago! 

So yes I have since 8 years ago is 4 ahead of that 

10th is higher than we have managed in exactly the same period 

The disrespect for Sheridan is absolutely staggering (yes I questioned his appointment and even coined dinosaur) the guy came back to try and get us out of this when all hope was lost and I agree with every word he said on Saturday - we had 10 minutes left - I can't believe what I'm reading from some people. Time to sign off for the night 

Edited by Chaddyexile84
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Cant be that much different.  We weren't in the relegation zone when Curle got sacked   

9 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Cant be that much different.  We weren't in the relegation zone when Curle got sacked   

We were 22nd when Curle left, having never been higher than 21st since the start of the season and having been regularly 23rd or 24th.

Curle achieved 0.83ppg this season, Shez has 1.00ppg. Across a full season that difference is worth 7.82 points, effectively putting us on 45 as nzlatic says. 

Edited by Worcester Owl

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Sinnot said he last build a decent side in 2010 - 12 years ago! 

So yes I have since 8 years ago is 4 ahead of that 

10th is higher than we have managed in exactly the same period 

The disrespect for Sheridan is absolutely staggering (yes I questioned his appointment and even coined dinosaur) the guy came back to try and get us out of this when all hope was lost and I agree with every word he said on Saturday - we had 10 minutes left - I can't believe what I'm reading from some people. Time to sign off for the night 

Is finishing 10th classed as decent?

Dave Penny finished around that.

1 minute ago, oafc 123 said:

Is finishing 10th classed as decent?

Dave Penny finished around that.

Are you Deyres in disguise??

Considered where we have finished the last 9 years 10th is fucking Champions League. Now to take a leaf out of Bp1960 book into the troll folder you go 

56 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

If he wanted to be here, he would of stayed in the first place

Oh absolutely, why didn’t he want to stay? Because of the absolute bandits that are in charge of the club. 

Why on earth would he want to come back?

He knew what was coming, he applied for a job at Bury over staying at Oldham!

35 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The following season 7th

They never finished higher than 21st in league two? They'd been in the Championship about five seasons before that...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

40 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The following season 7th

Did Shahed even work for Oldham in 2018...?