Beyond Shez

So whether it's sooner or later (personally I hope later but can understand if it's sooner) Shez won't be our manager.

When that happens, how would people structure the club going forward?  One manager to control all football matters or a (legitimate) Director of Football to oversee the long term strategy with a Head Coach dealing with training and matches?

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So whether it's sooner or later (personally I hope later but can understand if it's sooner) Shez won't be our manager.

When that happens, how would people structure the club going forward?  One manager to control all football matters or a (legitimate) Director of Football to oversee the long term strategy with a Head Coach dealing with training and matches?

Can the club afford the two roles? Ideally I would like to see an experienced Director overseeing the strategy and a younger, more in-touch Head Coach. In this scenario, who recommends potential players and who decides on the acquisitions and would potential experience/techniques clash?

11 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Personally I think at this level (and probably lg2) a DoF isn't necessary.

Big Dunc, yesterday:

'I am open to any challenge. As long as it is a good owner and I can improve a team. I am not scared of a challenge. If it is the right thing I will do it and give everything I have got. I am ready now to show what I have learnt and what I am all about.'

I'd give him a go.

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

They'd be too scared to lose with that psycho in charge 😂

I thought the same. He's very 'intense.' Still, it might be what we need. He's been coaching for a long time. Now he's 50, it might be ideal for him as well. Former Everton CF....no, I know, very different people.

He'd be perfect, no nonsense approach and obviously has the right connections within the game,

As much as I love Shez and what he's achieved, it's finally caught up with him, 

Baring a miracle, there's no way were going up this season and time to get together a list of candidates who can hopefully, take us forward.

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Come on lads, let's not descend in petty squabbling, the football ain't great but there is still enough reason to be positive, its going to take a little bit longer than we all want but I'm sure the ups will happen. 

Agree with this and the long term can be a positive one with everyone, from boardroom to fans, working together towards a common goal.

Also reading your post and the two quotes, I can't help but read it and think that 84 is twice the man that 42 is...and for that I blame @mickjagger and his puns.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agree with this and the long term can be a positive one with everyone, from boardroom to fans, working together towards a common goal.

Also reading your post and the two quotes, I can't help but read it and think that 84 is twice the man that 42 is...and for that I blame @mickjagger and his puns.

What are you talking about?

I watched Sheridan on the touch line today.. he was either standing with his arms folded or thrust into his pockets. I saw very little direction being offered to the team. Even when there was an injury break and the team came over for water he remained distant.

The two goals coming so early simply killed the game. The players, mirroring their manager on the sidelines, lacked energy on the pitch and the poor play was compounded by extremely poor decisions.

It seems to me that Sheridan is failing to motivate his team and looks a beaten man.

I suspect Ferguson will have plans higher than the National League.

Someone like Darren Currie would fit the bill. Assistant at Southend. Managed Sheffield United U23 to the title a couple of years back and renowned as a good coach in the lower leagues.

Failing that, Greening is a good shout made by Brad on the phone in this week...

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Someone like Darren Currie would fit the bill. Assistant at Southend. Managed Sheffield United U23 to the title a couple of years back and renowned as a good coach in the lower leagues.

Failing that, Greening is a good shout made by Brad on the phone in this week...

what worry's me is that should shez go that clown Keith Hill is looking for work after yet again failing at scunthorpe 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Given his profile, age and coaching experience, I think you might be right, but the Royle connection and the fact that he wouldn't have to move from the north-west might work in our favour. 

Greening is a good call.

Hill - NO! Please, NO!

15 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I watched Sheridan on the touch line today.. he was either standing with his arms folded or thrust into his pockets. I saw very little direction being offered to the team. Even when there was an injury break and the team came over for water he remained distant.

The two goals coming so early simply killed the game. The players, mirroring their manager on the sidelines, lacked energy on the pitch and the poor play was compounded by extremely poor decisions.

It seems to me that Sheridan is failing to motivate his team and looks a beaten man.

People underestimate the effect of something like this. I have seen situations at work where one person has dampened the spirit and enthusiasm of the whole group. If the person you look to for guidance and support appears disinterested, then the canker spreads. The more I read about this, the more I wish he would hold up his arms, admit it is beyond him and step aside. Nobody is going to begrudge him that option or resent him for it.

I can't get my head past his post-match interview.
A defeated, clueless man. 

Archived