Expectation

Right lads, County fan here, reading your board these past few weeks and trust me I know exactly how your feeling and the road ahead is a minefield. Firstly when we went into this league and seeing some of the teams we would be up against , Colwyn Bay,Histon , Vauxhall Motors my god the memories now send a shiver down my spine….  bottom line was we didn’t think it could get any worse, it did two years later with relegation.This league you are now in is a hideous unforgiving league, there are quality teams throwing big money at it to get out and even the teams attracting sub one thousand crowds are funded. Teams like Borehamwood, Solihull and Bromley start to make you feel inferior and I say that with a heavy heart. Without our takeover getting to the play offs was a massive achievement, it took us ten years to make the play offs under Jim Gannon who was then jettisoned just after the takeover, even after chucking millions at it Wrexham pushed us all the way.

All I can say is patience ( not easy after what you’ve gone through) but 11 long and painful years including 6 in the National North to get back for us. I feel for you because reading this board brings it all back, wishing Bob and Millibob best wishes and hope you guys get back where you belong soon.Strap yourselves in lads it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

33 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Right lads, County fan here, reading your board these past few weeks and trust me I know exactly how your feeling and the road ahead is a minefield. Firstly when we went into this league and seeing some of the teams we would be up against , Colwyn Bay,Histon , Vauxhall Motors my god the memories now send a shiver down my spine….  bottom line was we didn’t think it could get any worse, it did two years later with relegation.This league you are now in is a hideous unforgiving league, there are quality teams throwing big money at it to get out and even the teams attracting sub one thousand crowds are funded. Teams like Borehamwood, Solihull and Bromley start to make you feel inferior and I say that with a heavy heart. Without our takeover getting to the play offs was a massive achievement, it took us ten years to make the play offs under Jim Gannon who was then jettisoned just after the takeover, even after chucking millions at it Wrexham pushed us all the way.

All I can say is patience ( not easy after what you’ve gone through) but 11 long and painful years including 6 in the National North to get back for us. I feel for you because reading this board brings it all back, wishing Bob and Millibob best wishes and hope you guys get back where you belong soon.Strap yourselves in lads it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

Cheers mate.Hope to see you again in the Armoury sooner than later 

I'm actually fairly maybe even surprisingly relaxed about the current on the pitch situation at the moment. That patience to tolerate defeat is finite though from my point of view I don't want today to be the norm. I know others are less patient and I understand why performances/results like yesterday will probably get the manager sacked if they happen more often. 

But I feel because of the takeover and the noises coming out of the boardroom we will be fine in the long run the path ahead isn't clear yet but I think we will move forward. 

8 hours ago, SCFC said:

Cheers and seems like a familiar message we are hearing.

I'm more than happy with our new board and what's happening both behind the scenes and off field.

My expectation on the field however is for us at least to be competitive as a top half side this season if not really challenging for a top 6/7 slot.

This I think is realistic for where we are asa club and our resources.

Expectation is for us to have a manager who can achieve this, and for him to show a progressive approach and plan so we can see the club slowly moving forward on the field.

Unfortunately it's clear this is not the case at the moment and we need to make a manager change quickly and build again, as any relegation battle this season must be avoided at all costs. 

We certainly wont be getting 6/7k paying customers in NL North.😬

Football and the old establishment of League clubs have long since been disrupted and upstaged. Oldham Athletic ownership over decades failed to recognise it and put in place practices to ensure we kept our place at the table.

Football clubs are not the business vehicles to make owners money, they are expensive play things for those who can afford them. Once a business comes in that looks at ways the club can do both for them, that club starts to slide away. FR and family have come to the rescue to secure the club's future. Not throw endless pots at it. Hopefully they will be now looking for more investment from outside to increase the playing budget. 

We've made a poor start to the campaign, and the side isn't a team yet. Some decent players mixed in with a few not good enough. I'll accept Chesterfield were a better team, but we did have a big spells in control of the play. I don't think we'll do a Stockport and get relegated again. We certainly don't look like bouncing straight back and our place currently is with these sides that holds 200 away fans amongst a crowd of a 1000 upward. 

We are OAFC.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Frank can surely see if the product is poor the business will decline, this is exactly what is going to happen unless there's investment to improve the product and reassess the management structure.

He will and so will any investors who saw yesterday's performance. But as someone who built his business up from his own driveway he will know the importance of patience and scaling up gradually.

11 hours ago, SCFC said:

Thanks for the kind wishes - I know where you are coming from - 7 games in and everyone thought we would win every game and be back on top of the league and Bob's your uncle!.  It's going to be a hard fight - every team we have met want to beat us - we are the Cup Final for some - but I can see hope - we need to consolidate - look at our issues, how this league play and the standard of match officials - it's going to take time and we are in for the long haul, We need to stick with it and stop carping!

Next time I an in Stockport I will buy you a pint Jim.

Regards - Brian.:OASISscarf::comeon:

2 hours ago, Millibob said:

7 games in and everyone thought we would win every game and be back on top of the league and Bob's your uncle!

WDL ratios from the prediction league to date - albeit a relatively small sample size:

Torquay - 27:41:32

Dorking - 86:2:12

Wealdstone - 88:10:2

Southend - 29:39:32

Aldershot - 64:21:14

York - 43:40:17

Chesterfield - 14:14:71

Archived