MATCH: Gateshead (H) 14/02/23

8 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Were we really playing 442? it looked like 451 at one point, and 433 at another. The two strikers didn't seem to be playing close enough to each other, so were they actually being played as two strikers?

I see this as a positive. When its obvious a team is playing a set formation (eg 442) that would suggest that the team is too rigid. When you can't quite work it out it suggests there's flexibility and lots of movement by players. I spent ages trying to work out Aldershot's formation and eventually settled on 343 but I could have been wrong. Mainly because the players were always on the move.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He chases, but note how many times he gets there first, not many.

I've seen a striker in non league who hunts down and wins most balls..now playing higher than us. The will to win challenges should be a given.

Yes, the minute we stopped challenging and stepped back Gateshead came at us, we basically let them. That second goal was ridiculous. If we concede there should be no panic, no cowering because the fans are on them. Carry on doing what they’ve been doing for most of the game. I thought we actually looked like we were enjoying our football on Tuesday for the first time in ages. 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Gateshead looked dead and buried until we gifted them the first goal, then the nerves set in again and we stopped playing and presented them the equaliser.

Absolutely criminal and more so, when you're playing those either around or below you in the table.

Unsworth really has to make sure our next two games yield atleast 4 points or his ass should be sent packing, until we're safe, nobody, from the bottom up, should be resting on their laurels.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived