MATCH: Gateshead (H) 14/02/23

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Can anyone explain to me why Nuttall is undropable?

Doesn't show any desire or look like scoring a goal. 

Nuttall is just a lazy bastard, no effort to retrieve the ball after he lost it.

Reid should have stayed on instead.....2nd goal keeper shocking

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The decision to sign Nuttall seems more laughable as each game passes. He never really wanted to be here and obviously still has absolutely no interest in playing for the shirt. I'd go back to Scunthorpe and ask if they want him back, free of charge.

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

The decision to sign Nuttall seems more laughable as each game passes. He never really wanted to be here and obviously still has absolutely no interest in playing for the shirt. I'd go back to Scunthorpe and ask if they want him back, free of charge.

I'd ask Ashton United.

3 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

He tried so hard to sign Nuttall, he ain't going to drop him but had he kept Reid on I think a win would have resulted. Their second goal was farcical. 

Garbage, negative and out played for most parts by a patched up team below us in the table at home who named three players one of which was the manager on the bench, they literally walked through the midfield unchallenged all night, only time we pressed as a unit we scored.

Norman was fucking shocking, on his heels for the first and weak as piss for the second, if Peter Clarkes on the pitch the last 10 we probably don't concede, weak as piss physically and mentally.

Sutton rightly man of match, Yarney, Sheron and Reid and Gardner did okay at times the rest a crock of shit.

That one has to go on Unsworth for me. 

Brought the wrong forward off. Reid stays on and the pressing continues.

With Nuttall instead we didn't have the press, they have time in midfield, a good shot from nowhere and goals change games.

Doesn't prove anything we didn't already know though, just another example of DU not being up to the job.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

He tried so hard to sign Nuttall, he ain't going to drop him but had he kept Reid on I think a win would have resulted. Their second goal was farcical. 

Poor management signing him and even more poor management to keep playing him.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Garbage, negative and out played for most parts by a patched up team below us in the table at home who named three players one of which was the manager on the bench, they literally walked through the midfield unchallenged all night, only time we pressed as a unit we scored.

Norman was fucking shocking, on his heels for the first and weak as piss for the second, if Peter Clarkes on the pitch the last 10 we probably don't concede, weak as piss physically and mentally.

Sutton rightly man of match, Yarney, Sheron and Reid and Gardner did okay at times the rest a crock of shit.

Midfield at fault for the first. Just let him run and run and run and shoot. Everyone could see that coming. 

Wank. There's enough experience on that pitch to be seeing out a 2-0 lead at home to bleeding Gateshead. The slightest set back and they crumble. Unsworth is shite but the players have to take responsibility for that. Looked a much worse team when Reid went off, he was doing the work of two men up there. I still don't know what they're doing in training all week, it's all just hit and hope. 4 points from 3 winnable home games is bobbins.

. . . sounds like another good twenty minute performance. 

You have to give credit to Unsworth - the results have improved since new year. (From a self inflicted very low bar) But I still remain totally convinced we’ll do nothing with him. He must be close to 30 matches now, and in the games I’ve seen and the comments I’ve read from those at games I’ve missed- we haven’t had one 90 minute performance. Not one. 

I don't know how Nuttall warrants a start every match

He's lazy, doesn't tackle, doesn't look interested, doesn't score.

Reid stays on we win that game

Still only 3pts from drop zone instead of 6pts.😡

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Midfield at fault for the first. Just let him run and run and run and shoot. Everyone could see that coming. 

The midfield were caught out by Nuttlall's feeble attempt of holding the ball.

1 minute ago, TJ1952 said:

I don't know how Nuttall warrants a start every match

He's lazy, doesn't tackle, doesn't look interested, doesn't score.

Reid stays on we win that game

Still only 3pts from drop zone instead of 6pts.😡

Yet we know he will start the next game.

Do us all a favour Unsworth and resign. You are clearly out of your depth. Every week it is the same lack lustre performance with no tactical awareness of what is going on. Do you actually watch the other teams before we play them? Do you actually know your best 11? Do you actually know how to set up a team to win? I fear the answers are all no. Useless!

Nuttall - I'm not seeing it. I don't understand what he's about, what he can do and what he brings to the team. He looks lazy and/or tired. 

I thought their number 9 held it up quite well. Their little number 11 was alright and saw a fair bit of the ball. Their number 42 (I think it was) had so much freedom whenever he had the ball. 

It's just not good enough. On Saturday, anything other than a win, then it's not looking good for Unsworth and the team. 

2 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Nuttall - I'm not seeing it. I don't understand what he's about, what he can do and what he brings to the team. He looks lazy and/or tired. 

I thought their number 9 held it up quite well. Their little number 11 was alright and saw a fair bit of the ball. Their number 42 (I think it was) had so much freedom whenever he had the ball. 

It's just not good enough. On Saturday, anything other than a win, then it's not looking good for Unsworth and the team. 

Nuttal came with reputation of being a bit of Billy big bollocks- nothing wrong with that if you back it up on the pitch, a real problem if you think you’re better than everyone- and that reputation looks like it has some credence. There is a definitely a player there, but I think it’s when he can be arsed gracing us with a performance. 

You need to move past Unsy being close to the sack, he’s going nowhere. In fact I’d wager the board are delighted with him since the new year, and are beginning to feel vindicated. 

26 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I want to hear who Unsworth is going to blame .Certainly not himself or his master stroke  of subbing our best hard working striker and not his favourite. 

I would say this is likely to be one of those games where it was pre planned Ebrell was going to do the post match interview

6 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Agreed but sadly El Supremo is both arrogant and  unsackable so the show must go on

Feel so sorry for our loyal  long suffering fans who just want us to play for their shirts and our proud name.

We have too many players to go down but that's through no thanks to El Supremo.

Archived