MATCH: Gateshead (H) 14/02/23

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similar recent form - close game maybe? Lost to them recently in the FA Trophy so a chance to put it right. 

A win would be good and more evidence of progress. 

I shall again be handing over £9.50 to National League TV - let’s hope they have fixed the problems that saw the picture drop out SEVEN times in the D&R game in the first half alone - shocking service.

*I did drop an email asking for a full refund but suffice to say I haven’t heard back yet…

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

In all seriousness, who'd take two draws against them?

I hope nobody would. I know we lost against them recently, but we’re at home in the National League to one of the very few teams below us, so surely anything less than three points for this game won’t be good enough.

47 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I hope nobody would. I know we lost against them recently, but we’re at home in the National League to one of the very few teams below us, so surely anything less than three points for this game won’t be good enough.

Expectation management :)

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

In all seriousness, who'd take two draws against them?

7 points from the next 3 games would make us a mid-table team (I believe it's our last chance to get out of the relegation scrap for the rest of the season) and that should be our minimum target.

If we do draw tomorrow night then I expect us to win the following two matches.  If we do win it will put a lot more pressure on them next Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

7 points from the next 3 games would make us a mid-table team (I believe it's our last chance to get out of the relegation scrap for the rest of the season) and that should be our minimum target.

If we do draw tomorrow night then I expect us to win the following two matches.  If we do win it will put a lot more pressure on them next Tuesday.

Just a win tomorrow would see us go up three places.  The next three games aren't definitively make or break but they could feel that way if they go very well, or very badly!

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

Has the scoreboard been on at all for any games this season? It was on again this morning same as before the last home game so maybe someone has worked out how to use it and is testing it.

Don't know about that,  but was there anyone up the floodlight pylons fitting some new bulbs ?so we can actually see what's  going on,  then maybe our keeper might catch a cross, and not give our opponents a free gift.

48 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Don't know about that,  but was there anyone up the floodlight pylons fitting some new bulbs ?so we can actually see what's  going on,  then maybe our keeper might catch a cross, and not give our opponents a free gift.

Well there was someone the other week working on the lights between JRS and Jimmy Frizzell stand so hopefully they'll move on to the ones nearest the Chaddy End.

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

Well there was someone the other week working on the lights between JRS and Jimmy Frizzell stand so hopefully they'll move on to the ones nearest the Chaddy End.

Hope so. The difference is very noticeable on the stream and compared to other club streams, we are practically playing in semi-darkness. 

Team surely it's best we play this team

Norman

Sutton Yarney Hogan Kitching

Tollit Gardner Sheron Rooney

Nuttall   Reid

I'm not always sure about 4-4-2 these days certainly not as much as everyone else is but this kind of 4-4-2 offers more fluidity with Rooney starting on the left but being given licence to drift inside and play in the space between the strikers and midfield where he was very effective for us last Tuesday. That itself gives space on the left for Kitching to bomb forward into. In the middle Sheron can be the sitter and Gardner can be the deep lying playmaker. Reid and Nuttall look a more natrual partnership Nuttall as the target man and Reid Running in behind than Fondop and Nuttall have who are both target men really. The back 4 is probably our best back 4 right now so should pick itself. 

10 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I’m still very much in the Peter Clarke should play camp. Even it mean moving Yarney to right back. 

With you on this. 

I do worry about Clarke not playing though, it increases the chances of his legs getting ‘old’ overnight so to speak

12 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I’m still very much in the Peter Clarke should play camp. Even it mean moving Yarney to right back. 

Agreed and Tollit should be on the left in front of Kitching, Abraham on the right with Rooney and Sheron in the C.M. and Gardner watching the pies warm up.

Archived