Thank you from my wife

it wasnt me but l hate situations like the one your wife feared. massive respect and thanks really to whomever these chaps were. l don't know [that l know of] anybody involved from any party but this has made me feel unusually great this morning!

such a little thing, far away. and great credit to 'The Wife' for not saying something like its funny how these guys could meet me after work but the Football seemingly makes it impossible for my husband!!

unless she joking, of course.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

👏 👏👏       There should never be a time that anyoine should need protection on public transport, but well done to the supporters that recognoised that there was a need to ..... 

could l take this moment to ask people to oppose the ridiculous 'profit over people' culling of train station staff?

angers me 🤬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

could l take this moment to ask people to oppose the ridiculous 'profit over people' culling of train station staff?

angers me 🤬

I’m with you on this, and not just for station staff. Before I retired I used to regularly get a GWR train back late from London Paddington and the trains weren’t very busy at that time of night. It didn’t worry me, but if driver only trains get the go ahead and conductors/train managers get axed I can’t imagine lone females would feel as safe in some of the near empty carriages.

NB that is NOT to be taken as a sexist comment!!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I’m with you on this, and not just for station staff. Before I retired I used to regularly get a GWR train back late from London Paddington and the trains weren’t very busy at that time of night. It didn’t worry me, but if driver only trains get the go ahead and conductors/train managers get axed I can’t imagine lone females would feel as safe in some of the near empty carriages.

NB that is NOT to be taken as a sexist comment!!

lve got friends who drive metrolink who have told me l wouldnt be able to do the job bc you are forbidden from leaving the cab to intervene when some scrote is stabbing an old lady for sumat to do.

l get inordinately angry at stuff which doesnt affect me. because it affects me 🙄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lve got friends who drive metrolink who have told me l wouldnt be able to do the job bc you are forbidden from leaving the cab to intervene when some scrote is stabbing an old lady for sumat to do.

l get inordinately angry at stuff which doesnt affect me. because it affects me 🙄

You aren't wrong Monty - They should bring bus conductors back too!

The bus drivers aren't allowed to leave their cabs to sort out the low life who can't be sociable!

It's not only at night - some school children have no idea just how loud and rude they are!

A few days back I had to sort some low life out on the bus and I am 67!!  Yes I know it's free for me but I like it to be safe!!

Rant over - I hope it's quiet on my 409 to the stadium of wet dreams tonight!!

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, Millibob said:

You aren't wrong Monty - They should bring bus conductors back too!

The bus drivers aren't allowed to leave their cabs to sort out the low life who can't be sociable!

It's not only at night - some school children have no idea just how loud and rude they are!

A few days back I had to sort some low life out on the bus and I am 67!!  Yes I know it's free for me but I like it to be safe!!

Rant over - I hope it's quiet on my 409 to the stadium of wet dreams tonight!!

You be careful now

Us oldies can still end up on the wrong side of a punch and you won't be able to take it the same as when you were in your prime

• Like 1