MATCH: Rochdale (H) 06/04/24

27 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

5 assists this season makes him our joint best contributor alongside Green

5 assists is reasonable. Is that enough contribution?

2 hours ago, Lags said:

5 assists is reasonable. Is that enough contribution?

For his position yes. He's joint 5th in the league along with 5 other players. Whitely of Bromley being first with 7. 

On Lundstram overall, I think he's finally coming into his own and could be an important player for us next season. With additions in wide areas and (hopefully) a fully firing Conlon. Against Dale yesterday he was willing to go beyond and find pockets of space (see the goal and Dallas' against the bar), he has that drive with the ball as you mentioned and more of that will come with confidence, he can take the ball in tight spaces and has a good turn on him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deckyd said:

Understandable!  It was an extreme example! Do believe Sheron is a Fane type player- not too that of an extent though.

I thought it was a perfectly fair example.  You picked two players who needed the other type of player to function well.  Byrne had excellent technical ability but while he wasn't against scrapping for things I wouldn't trust him from a defensive point of view in midfield.

Fane was the polar opposite, breaking up play and covering ground very well but once he did win it then the sooner he gave it to someone else the better as you didn't want him anywhere near the ball afterwards!

16 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Said it before, I'll say it again. Loads of teams have a combo in midfield where ones job is to win the ball and do all the running and the others to be creative. That was the Fane and Byrne combo. Works throughout the pyramid if you get the right chemistry in there

Sheridan & Carlton Palmer

42 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

I want to know why only Norwood appeals for the shove in his back

I think it’s a clear foul to be honest. They shoved him out the way and played the ball straight into that channel. Still a shit goal to concede. 

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think it’s a clear foul to be honest. They shoved him out the way and played the ball straight into that channel. Still a shit goal to concede. 

Should probably have thrown himself to the floor and the dozy ref may have given the foul.

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Completely. Its cute from Rochdale and they have got away with one there but our own players haven't helped by just ignoring it

• Like 1

• Matt unfeatured this topic