MATCH: Rochdale (H) 06/04/24

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Oldham will win. They provided a reaction in the 2nd half at Altrincham and I expect them to continue in the same way this weekend.

Who's coming in from obscurity this week? My guess is Walker...

Shelts.

Seriously though, does anyone know what has happened to him? I think he's the only player we've heard nothing from or about for months. It's like he's just vanished with no obvious reason why.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Shelts.

Seriously though, does anyone know what has happened to him? I think he's the only player we've heard nothing from or about for months. It's like he's just vanished with no obvious reason why.

He came out the gym when we were walking round to the ground against Fylde, about 2.15.

From what I've heard, he was happy to go out on loan, but Latics wanted his wages paid in full and the club who wanted him couldn’t/wouldn't do it...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He came out the gym when we were walking round to the ground against Fylde, about 2.15.

From what I've heard, he was happy to go out on loan, but Latics wanted his wages paid in full and the club who wanted him couldn’t/wouldn't do it...

Who made that ridiculous decision?

Half a loaf is better than none.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Cheers. Seems a strange one if that's the case. We're paying his wages in full if he stays so may as well get something back and let the lad play.

Rochdale Away was Mellon’s first game in charge.

We sat in 12th place in the table following a six match unbeaten run (seven if you count Altrincham in the cup) by caretaker management since Unsworth was sacked.

Rochdale at Home will be Mellon’s 28th league game at the helm.

We now sit in 9th place in the table despite a mediocre March and start to April.

Our overall league record under MM is:

P27 W11 D8 L8 Points 41 

- playoff form? 

His win percentage is 40.74%

The chance of finishing in the top seven is highly unlikely but it would be nice to win on Saturday - let’s hope the players and manager believe.

Our recent slump in form has been hugely disappointing and has led to many (myself included) questioning the players and the manager’s ability to lead us out of this division. 

A win in Saturday please.

Edited by TheBigDog

Just now, TheBigDog said:

Rochdale Away was Mellon’s first game in charge.

We sat in 12th place in the table following a six match unbeaten run (seven if you count Altrincham in the cup) by caretaker management since Unsworth was sacked.

Rochdale at Home will be Mellon’s 28th league game at the helm.

We now sit in 9th place in the table despite a mediocre March and start to April.

P27 W11 D8 L8 Points 41 

- playoff form

His win percentage is 40.74%

The chance of finishing in the top seven is highly unlikely but it would be nice to win on Saturday - let’s hope the players and manager believe.

Our recent slump in form has been hugely disappointing and has led to many (myself included) questioning the players and the manager’s ability to lead us out of this division. 

A win in Saturday please.

Problem is the same players who were supposed to  raise their game against Fylde and  Altrincham will be selected again.

MM needs to root out those not prepared to battle and let them know its unacceptable at this club and they won't feature v  Rochdale or in in any future matches here 

He's been far too soft with these players IMO and they may even cost him his job.

1 minute ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Not really. Of we win every game here on in i think we sneak in. Are we capable of winning every game? Not so sure...

I think it would be enough too given the pressure it would put on Aldershot and Halifax, both of whom are away on Saturday.

Not gonna happen though 😠

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Oldham will win. They provided a reaction in the 2nd half at Altrincham and I expect them to continue in the same way this weekend.

Another game you have jinxed.  Just keep your mouth shut 😡

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yeah great reaction 😆 

Bet you were celebrating our 2-2 against Chesterfield...

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

P27 W11 D8 L8 Points 41 

- playoff form

That would put us on just under 70 points over a season which wouldn’t normally be enough for the playoffs and won’t be this season either. As you say, complete collapse over the last month or so is what’s killed us but the fact that MM has overseen it and doesn’t appear to have a clue as to getting us back on track is my concern!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That would put us on just under 70 points over a season which wouldn’t normally be enough for the playoffs and won’t be this season either. As you say, complete collapse over the last month or so is what’s killed us but the fact that MM has overseen it and doesn’t appear to have a clue as to getting us back on track is my concern!

True - I missed the question mark - it should have read “playoff form?”…

As I’ve written on several occasions recently, I am not convinced that Mellon is the manager to take us back to the EFL 🤔

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just want the season over, so we can start again

and prior to that we have to suffer England underperforming at the Euros because Southgate sets us up defensively…😳

sorry… wrong thread …

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

and prior to that we have to suffer England underperforming at the Euros because Southgate sets us up defensively…😳

sorry… wrong thread …

As we barely have a fit centre back (and only one good one anyway) hoping for a change of approach...  We all know what hope did...