MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/04/24

DIVOT3000 AUTOMATIC PITCH EVALUATION AI

RESULT........................TURF LEVELS NON-EXISTANT. PLAYING SURFACE THAT OF A 1970's RUGBY LEAGUE FIXTURE.

image.png

• Like 4

The Met office have a 15 min by 15 min timeline of the rain and although a rain free night tonight, its non-stop till after the game is finished...

I saw someone put on twitter the league rules for if a game cant be played. Im paraphrasing but it says that the league board will award a default 3-0 win to the away team and can issue disciplinary action, a fine, a deduction of up to 3 points from the host along with paying the away teams expenses. Says nothing about venue switching.

See you all at Wembley?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaticsEddie said:

The Met office have a 15 min by 15 min timeline of the rain and although a rain free night tonight, its non-stop till after the game is finished...

I saw someone put on twitter the league rules for if a game cant be played. Im paraphrasing but it says that the league board will award a default 3-0 win to the away team and can issue disciplinary action, a fine, a deduction of up to 3 points from the host along with paying the away teams expenses. Says nothing about venue switching.

See you all at Wembley?

If that ain’t an incentive to get the pitch playable nothing is!

I normally try and stay positive regarding the club but I think the communication from them has taken a nose-dive recently.

Latics must be liaising with Halifax so it would be helpful to fans to know what ideas are being banded about, whether an option of an alternative venue has been discussed, if and when there is a pitch inspection etc.

Basically anything rather than radio silence.

3 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I normally try and stay positive regarding the club but I think the communication from them has taken a nose-dive recently.

Latics must be liaising with Halifax so it would be helpful to fans to know what ideas are being banded about, whether an option of an alternative venue has been discussed, if and when there is a pitch inspection etc.

Basically anything rather than radio silence.

They have communicated- still trying to flog tickets!!
https://x.com/OAFCTickets/status/1777294545845162314https://x.com/OAFCTickets/status/1777294545845162314

Edited by LaticsEddie

26 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Currently pissing it down in Halifax.😂

But no rain from 7.00pm tonight until 11.00am tomorrow then light rain up to kickoff with strong winds which may actually help to dry out the pitch.

5 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

See you all at Wembley?

I suspect strongly that there's a mitigating circumstances clause

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Would they say allowing another team to ruin your pitch (twice) as mitigating? I would say it was stupidity.

If both times a football match couldn't take place on it then the rugby shouldn't have been allowed.

Just now, Only Blue said:

Would they say allowing another team to ruin your pitch (twice) as mitigating? I would say it was stupidity.

If both times a football match couldn't take place on it then the rugby shouldn't have been allowed.

Can't say I know anything about the set up at Halifax but is there any reason why the football club would be able to claim primacy?

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not sure that "our pitch is shit and the Council don't maintain it" is mitigating circumstances. After several postponements this season ( 8 I think) at what stage do you say it is undermining the integrity of the league and hand out fines and or points deductions?

Edited by Boyyou

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Can't say I know anything about the set up at Halifax but is there any reason why the football club would be able to claim primacy?

I agree we don't know the agreement between both clubs but surely when they do negotiate with each other a common sense approach would be the team finishing the season, with a deadline to do so, takes primacy.

Again, to me, that is common sense, and they should be working together and helping one another, but I am just naive.

4 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I agree we don't know the agreement between both clubs but surely when they do negotiate with each other a common sense approach would be the team finishing the season, with a deadline to do so, takes primacy.

Again, to me, that is common sense, and they should be working together and helping one another, but I am just naive.

A pitch that isn't playable for a game of football can often be playable for rugby...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Not sure that "our pitch is shit and the Council don't maintain it" is mitigating circumstances. After several postponements this season ( 8 I think) at what stage do you say it is undermining the integrity of the leagueand hand out fines and other points deductions?

A club is not just allowed into a league based on match results. The ground and infrastructure must meet certain criteria. Surely Halifax is failing in this.

I know people will say you can't stop the rain but when other clubs get matches on and they are the only ones who don't then they are failing to meet standards that the NL must set.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A pitch that isn't playable for a game of football can often be playable for rugby...

I agree but when you ground share then surely you have to consider the implications of playing on it,  and if the rugby don't then this situation will crop up season after season.

If you inspect a pitch and it's bad but more or less playable, but you knew if you played on it it would be unplayable for the rest of the season, would you pass it fit?

We keep thinking they might switch to somewhere else but who is to say that pitch won't be waterlogged.

Can you imagine we all set off to somewhere else and it's called off at the last minute!!!

Just now, Only Blue said:

We keep thinking they might switch to somewhere else but who is to say that pitch won't be waterlogged.

Can you imagine we all set off to somewhere else and it's called off at the last minute!!!

Maybe they'll look at 3G pitches...

42 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

See you all at Wembley?

default.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Only Blue said:

No chance the game will be moved at such a late stage!