MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/04/24

Let's imagine Halifax scrape into the playoffs and do well

Are there any league regulations about quality of pitch that would be required?

My quick search of the EFL handbook only found items on size and that an artificial pitch needs to be removed before the first game of the season.

There were various items requiring formal league consent to use another ground- so IF the same applied in the National League that could contribute to the delay.

The EFL handbook also had a requirement that a club sharing a ground must have the ability to cancel any other activity within 48 hours of a game that might jeopardize the fixture. Wouldn't help with a weekend rugby game followed by a Wednesday but I thought it was an interesting provision.

1 minute ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Two games in quick succession for Halifax on that pitch before they play us. More rain due as well

Their player's won't just be leggy, their legs will have dropped off

What a shambles. How are Halifax going to have their pitch playable for Saturday as well as two more midweek games prior to final day of the season. 

If thay are unable to play at home this Saturday what happens their games? Point deduction surely with points given to their oppononets.

Additionally if we are going to play them on the Thursday Halifax need a plan B well in advance so all the ucertaintity is at least dealt with. Puts us at a disadvantage too as we may play only two days prior to final game which has an early kick off 

4 hours ago, stargazer said:

'Pub team' , they may be  . that only sheds a negative light on our players and management  and their pathetic , abysmal efforts in the last 2 months.

That was the point he was making 

44 minutes ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

What a shambles. How are Halifax going to have their pitch playable for Saturday as well as two more midweek games prior to final day of the season. 

If thay are unable to play at home this Saturday what happens their games? Point deduction surely with points given to their oppononets.

Additionally if we are going to play them on the Thursday Halifax need a plan B well in advance so all the ucertaintity is at least dealt with. Puts us at a disadvantage too as we may play only two days prior to final game which has an early kick off 

Do you not need to have 48 hours between games, or have I imagined that?

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Two games in quick succession for Halifax on that pitch before they play us. More rain due as well

And a couple of rugby games in between no doubt. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Gateshead called off the game v Aldershot at 7:25! This league really is a piss take. 

Gateshead in a worse position than Halifax. They are already due to play this Thursday  now have another game to fit in.

36 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Southend leap frog us after 10 point deduction and season of turmoil! 

It's totally and utterly embarrassing.

Shambles from board level to the playing staff. Everyone involved needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

The fact that numerous bin man teams are comfortably above us genuinely makes me feel unwell with the amount of cash we've thrown at these rank losers.

What's the solution? I have no idea, but I fear we will be at this level for many years and could become quickly comfortable as a non-league outfit. 

• Like 1

Don’t think Mellon will recover from

this - same goes for the players. It must have done some damage.

To blow it in the manner we have should see him given his p45. Needs to happen asap. 

14 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

It's totally and utterly embarrassing.

Shambles from board level to the playing staff. Everyone involved needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

The fact that numerous bin man teams are comfortably above us genuinely makes me feel unwell with the amount of cash we've thrown at these rank losers.

What's the solution? I have no idea, but I fear we will be at this level for many years and could become quickly comfortable as a non-league outfit. 

There’s no denying, that is embarrassing. 

* Latest from BP is that Micky Mellon has lent his bingo ball machine that he uses for team selection to Darren Royle *

Draw for venue of the rearranged match will take place on The Shay Boating Lake at 12 bells tomorrow, Frank's going to row out to the centre circle to select the ball.

• Like 1