MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/04/24

This fucking pub team are ahead of us in the table and some see it as progress. Laughable situation really and they should be docked ten points for next season and threatened with being removed from the league if they can't fulfill fixtures.

It still could prove to be a crucial game and really should of been yet we may see a situation where 1800+ Latics fans miss out at nothing other than incompetence. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Halifax had to postpone our match in order to preserve the pitch for their next rugby match.Their club is a joke and points should be given to us.

It is just one of those things, let the clubs find a solution, just giving us the points is in nobodies best interests. 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Heard a rumour if Halifax qualify for the play offs they won't be allowed to compete.

Whoever they would play would get a bye.

That must be bollocks, if they finish in the play off places you can't just pull the rug from under them. 

• Like 1

I wish we could do this for every game. 

The jeopardy of when and where the games are going to be played make things a hell of a lot more exciting. Maybe we could even introduce no one knowing who they're going to play! There's mileage in this...

.. literally and metaphorically. 

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

The club should be representing their supporters publicly on this.

They have getting towards 2000 people who need to make arrangements for tomorrow night and are completely in the dark.

Say it's at Harrogate. That's at least an hour each way further. There will be many who can't do that for a variety of reasons.

It may be happening in private, but it would be very good policy to represent the supporters in public pretty quickly.

2 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

The club should be representing their supporters publicly on this.

They have getting towards 2000 people who need to make arrangements for tomorrow night and are completely in the dark.

Say it's at Harrogate. That's at least an hour each way further. There will be many who can't do that for a variety of reasons.

It may be happening in private, but it would be very good policy to represent the supporters in public pretty quickly.

I would think a lot of people have booked a train to Halifax. So are they going to put on buses from Halifax station to wherever it's being played?

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

This can’t be put on OAFC. 

Halifax however… I have zero knowledge on pitch recovery times, but even an idiot can see this game was never being played at Halifax. Two days ago… 

Absolutely not, but the club would be advised to show some solidarity with its supporters.

All clubs rely on the loyalty of supporters and most don't see them as customers who may not return.

8 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

This is a complete shambles. 6pm the day before and we don’t know if it’s going to be played. 

Seems like there has been disagreement with certain areas of Yorkshire not wanting to host us. 

Don't you mean "them"?

Don't think we are the problem.

Perhaps the league can't decide on how many points they should be deducted.

Edited by diggleblue

I hope the club are deliberately playing hardball. Play it next Thuesday and force Halifax into playing 4 games in 7 days.

However slim our chances are we have to look after ourselves. 

28 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

That was posted by Halifax almost 3 hours ago.

Ha, it said it had been posted 51 seconds earlier on their webpage, so I thought I had a scoop.

Back to my day job, whatever the hell that is.

• Thanks 1