MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/04/24

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No chance the game will be moved at such a late stage!

As it stands yes, but we don't know if plans are already being made in the background because as I mentioned earlier the club, well actually both clubs, aren't giving us updates.

If alternatives are already ruled out they should tell us that if only to stop us speculating and googling clubs close to Halifax :)

I don't recall ever being in a situation like this. 

57 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

A club is not just allowed into a league based on match results. The ground and infrastructure must meet certain criteria. Surely Halifax is failing in this.

I know people will say you can't stop the rain but when other clubs get matches on and they are the only ones who don't then they are failing to meet standards that the NL must set.

Plus other clubs are penalised as their fixtures are disputed.

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

I agree but when you ground share then surely you have to consider the implications of playing on it,  and if the rugby don't then this situation will crop up season after season.

If you inspect a pitch and it's bad but more or less playable, but you knew if you played on it it would be unplayable for the rest of the season, would you pass it fit?

yes, because the ref's job is to assess whether it is fit to play at that particular time

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It could if it was behind closed doors!

Rumours Doncaster at 3pm behind closed doors. Piss take if true.

20 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Got sent this. All beer and catering been done. Waiting to be shipped to the new venue. Apparently being told today where it’s being played at but it’s not Halifax. 

Tell me.How can they get away with this? It's a mega important game for us and our fans are our 12th man.Rochdale would be the only close venue.

Doncaster would be ludicrous as would behind closed door. Our club/directors are thick as shit to agreeing to this if true.

8 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

Huddersfield would be the best bet. Great pitch, just as near for supporters.

Relations between Halifax and Udders aren't great at board level.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Then it will be a farce. 

So the preview was a lie as suspected as there is no way they posted that and then had a pitch inspection 15mins later. Tinpot club

They've got Barnet on Saturday and Ebbsfleet on Tuesday, as well as us, to play on that cabbage patch before the season ends a week on Saturday.

Good luck with that!!

The weather doesn't sound great for the next week.