Nobody cared to comment on mr Kettle on Sat?

danoafc

Mr. T. Kettle  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Referee

• Rate 0/5
    • Rate 1/5
    • Rate 2/5
    • Rate 3/5
    • Rate 4/5
    • Rate 5/5

Referee : Trevor Kettle

Opposition: Southend Utd

Competition : L1

Venue : Boundary Park

Match result: L

Optional Post Template:

1. Referee Consistency :

2. Match Control :

3. Decision Making :

4. Positioning/ Fitness :

5. Any Other Comments :

Guest sheridans_world

You dont remeber a ref's name for no reason.

Sadly his is funny as it is, but he has had several bad performances while reffing us.

He wasn't quite as comically bizarre as the ref at Accrington, but he didn't have the best of games.

Actually thought he got the red card wrong, but I haven't seen a replay. Seemed to go 25 mins into the game determined to speak to players and not book them, then lost it amongst a confetti of yellow.

Poor ref for both sides. Made it very personal between him and Lee Hughes and was itching at a chance to send him off. The red card wasnt a red and I couldnt of been closer, maybe his intent wasnt right but he still took some of the ball and Davies over reacted. Numerous times in the game I was going mad at him for things I can't remember know but at the time I was fuming. Seemed to be a Uriah Rennie type ref where he wanted all the attention on him..

If you watch the Championship and or FL Review on Sky one phrase that has been common over the last few seasons "Referee Trevor Kettle involved in a controversial......................." (fill in as applicable)

He is abysmal every time, the only thing he got right after seeing it again was the sending off. The best (worst) moment was when Davies had a free kick given against him for letting the defender try and pull his shirt off :angry:

Edit oh yeah and it was obvious from the off he was "after" Hughes

Edited by StipeTripe

He made some bewildering decisions (against both teams) and it seemed to me that he wanted to be the centre of attention. How many times did he hold up play so that he could spend a couple of minutes talking to players? Sorry Trevor but we don't go to watch you perform. Well maybe JimmyReade does. :)

The end was a joke too. Substitutions galore in the second half (supposed to be 30 seconds time added for each); loads of time-wasting by the Southend keeper (which Kettle noted and acknowledged) plus the trainer on a couple of times - for at least 2 minutes in the case of the Peter Clarke incident.

Added time was just 3 minutes.

We wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundays anyway and to blame the ref for the result is just plain wrong. That said, he was awful for both teams and did his best to disrupt any kind of flow. We'll see worse though so he gets a "1" from me.

I thought he started reasonably well, talking to players rather than letting things get out of hand. No 2 of us seem to have seen the red card incident the same, for me he went clean through the back of Davies. He might have got some of the ball but he got a whole lot of Davies, lots of refs would have bottled the sending off but he got it right. He also showed some restraint to Davies when he was doing his best to get sent off. Unfortunately as the game went on he seemed to get worse and worse, especially regards contested headers. And he was indeed after Hughes from the word go.

Well, sat right next to you, my initial thought was that the sending off was for a fair tackle. I've seen nothing on the replay to suggest otherwise, even with the 'near DVD quality' (NOT!) the official site now claims to offer.

He was most unfair to Hughes, who had his arm or shirt held at every opportunity, and was climbed on numerous times. But I was pleased with the player's reaction (a grin). He obviously remembers enough about the professional game to know the way things are sometimes.

I really hope that referees don't EVER want to be the centre of attention. They must realise that means they're poor, right? :huh:

Well, sat right next to you, my initial thought was that the sending off was for a fair tackle. I've seen nothing on the replay to suggest otherwise, even with the 'near DVD quality' (NOT!) the official site now claims to offer.

I really hope that referees don't EVER want to be the centre of attention. They must realise that means they're poor, right? :huh:

Just a couple of things, in old money that tackle probably wouldn't have caused a ripple, but the defender went to ground, took Davies and the ball out from behind and had studs showing, I thought that was at least deemed a yellow card offence these days. I'll lay odds now that we'll have one sent off in similar circumstances and it won't be rescinded.

And in 30 odd years of watching Latics I can't think of a time when a large chunk of referees haven't wanted to be the centre of attention.