Lee Croft Questions

What does he bring to the team?

Is he living on previous loan spells??

For me he's been the biggest disappointment of the season for me :-(

I think croft has been okay, his first touch is exceptional and him and wabara link up really well, there has been a lot worse players here in the last few years

he's one of the main reasons why we dont create anything especially when we have no recognised left winger. ive been closer to the byline walking out of the chaddy than he has in the majority of his games. we've got a 6'7 striker who i think is pants but if they got to the byline and crossed it into the middle he would score a fair amount. all he does is pass the ball inside i cant remember him once trying to take his man on today. millar/sutherland arent great but would be much better options especially at home as they'd at least have a go

He's one of the few players I've seen this season who realises that he needs to pass to players wearing the same coloured shirt as him.

Sutherland was outstanding for the youths this morning, can beat a man with trickery or pace, no shrinking violet either...but would PD play him rather than Croft ?...very much doubt it

Edited by BP1960

Sutherland was outstanding for the youths this morning, can beat a man with trickery or pace, no shrinking violet either...but would PD play him rather than Croft ?...very much doubt it

I'm interested to know how this lad plays considering he's not had many chances in the first team other than short substitute appearances.

Whenever I've seen Sutherland perform he seems to run head first towards the touchline, never deviates or moves in or out.

Tries his best and puts his foot in but isn't clever. Would you agree with that?

I'm interested to know how this lad plays considering he's not had many chances in the first team other than short substitute appearances.

Whenever I've seen Sutherland perform he seems to run head first towards the touchline, never deviates or moves in or out.

Tries his best and puts his foot in but isn't clever. Would you agree with that?

At 17 he's still developing his game, came a lot more inside today, but when he did go wide put in a devastating low cross which was converted.

I always say if a kid has determination to go with talent, he's got every chance of making the grade, and he has both.

Ideally you would want to play him in a winning team, but if he did start games instead of fleeting substitutions I think he would do very well.

At 17 he's still developing his game, came a lot more inside today, but when he did go wide put in a devastating low cross which was converted.

I always say if a kid has determination to go with talent, he's got every chance of making the grade, and he has both.

Ideally you would want to play him in a winning team, but if he did start games instead of fleeting substitutions I think he would do very well.

Don't mean to sound gloomy and pessimistic but it seems like this current crop of kids i.e. Millar, Winchester, Mellor and Hughes are not up to the task really, unless we see major improvements in all of them we won't do well putting our hopes on their shoulders. Only Tarky is making any impact.

M'Changama, Taylor, Montano and Brown who are the age-group above seem far better prospects (and we signed them all from other clubs). I've also heard lots of good reviews about the youth team now, especially 2 CBs and we can put Sutherland in that group too.

It's all about progression though, at 17/18 years old and even recently Mellor and Winchester were seen as a really fruitful talents but they've not lived up to the predictions and bid that Fulham put in for them. Hopefully we can put a lot into a concentrated group instead of share out resources between a larger selection. I'd rather we push a handful of real talents rather than waste money and time on those that aren't as promising.

Edited by NewBlue

Was chuffed when deal was announced but apart from the odd glimpse he has been a long way short of the player he was when we had him first time around.

Don't think his weight is a massive issue really, he just doesn't have that pace anymore to go past anyone.

Edited by deyres42

However, having read said biography, Tricky confirms my opinion that Sharp was a cheap appointment, Toddy Orlygsson was a crap signing and Sharp couldn't manage a bag of sweets (see Bangor) and is a dour, tactless, gutless bag of cnuts when it came to the benefit of the club - he didn't give a :censored: once he couldn't play (which he WAS good at!)

Joe dropped a blocock, recommending Sharp - end of, and, we all knew it! And that, my friends, was were the rot set in - well, him & Stott, imho

Edited by AndrewDodd

You know what, I think he could be a good player BUT he is too :censored:ing fat for a footballer.

I don't understand it. Man City - downwards to Norwich - downwards to Derby - downwards to Oldham - downwards to some non league club if he isn't careful.

What is the matter with these young fella's? Do they not realise they need to look after themselves as a pro because it's a short career?

If Lee was 2 stone lighter he would be a handful but as mentioned earlier in the thread you need to be able to run if you are a winger.

But he does run. He works very hard, covering the full back. There is no hiding from the fact that he is overweight. He is not the player we had when he was 19 when he was raw and fast, now he is very industrious. What I want him to improve is his delivery into the box. All in all you don't need to be able to run to be a winger!

Edited by welshgaz