Bradford - tickets / allocation

Haven't been to VP before and looking forward to it.

City mate in tow - does anyone know somewhere near the ground that does food and a telly for the early kick off? FGG suggests Bradford Arms but on Google Maps it's coming up for me as closed..

My mate reckons it's probably the worst grounds for pubs nearby. You're best bet is the Bradford arms, although it apparently gets very busy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure its closed...

If your on the train the Queen is right outside the station has sports but I don't know about food.

a bit further down the road on your right is the ginger goose loads of tellys for sport and a good menu.

Also peroni on draft but if your prepared to pay the £4 plus for a pint be ready for some stares off the locals.

Theres also a wetherspoons in the square across the road and a nandos.

You will also walk passed an all you can eat buffet place which is next to a taxi rank for the short journey to the ground

probably cost about a fiver..taxis aint cheap round here..

If you arrive early enough the local constabulary probably wont be hanging about,

Think the opposite only been about 4 years not seen as anything special just another league one club where the away fans will outside sing them. They did use to have nice cheerleaders

It's been 7 years since we last went there in the League and it was quite a happy hunting ground if my memory serves me correct

It's been 7 years since we last went there in the League and it was quite a happy hunting ground if my memory serves me correct

I've had a couple of good days there and trekked over for a pre-season friendly a few years back. I think our following will be decent Sarurday, 1,200+.

Bantams fan in peace!

Just a few hints for the game on Saturday. Hopefully a fair few of you lot come along and we will hopefully be pushing for a crowd of around 15,000 and a great atmosphere. You will be in the TL Dallas Bradford End. There are supporting pillars but I would definitely try and get in the top tier because the lower tier is very shallow and the view of the other side of the pitch is not great at all. This stand doesn't serve beer by the way as the concourse is open.

It is slightly unfair to suggest that Bradford is the worst ground for pubs as there are some fantastic boozers. You just have to look a little and do a bit of research to know where to go because the surrounding area of Manningham is bleak to say the least! The Bradford Arms is still open as far as I'm aware and it serves a purpose as being close to the ground but I've never been in and I never intend to either so make your own mind up from that. Around the Lumb Lane area I would try Haigys or The New Beehive - good old fashioned pubs that usually welcome away fans. There is also The Sparrow Cafe and The City Gent at the top of North Parade which are usually welcoming as well and close by to the ground (although I've never been in the City Gent it has proven popular since opening last summer). A little further afield The Corn Dolly on Bolton Road has just won Bradford's CAMRA Pub of the Year. Its a bit of a walk but doable and worth it, a great pub that's very welcoming. I usually drink at The Fighting Cock on Preston St which is a very welcoming real ale mecca that has Sky Sports as well. Bit of a walk from the ground but a taxi is a good and pretty cheap option and someone will be willing to help out. Try the pie and peas, they're incredible and there should be a good atmosphere in there with Leeds on Sky, especially if they're losing!

I've been recommended the Fighting Cock aswell.

Also the Sparrow, Beehive and Jacobs

For a selection of ales you won't get better in Bradford City centre than the Fighting Cock. It is about a 20min mostly up hill walk to the ground but like I say, there will be plenty of people around to help with a taxi or share one as there is a rank just up the road. The atmosphere is very friendly and the locals will be happy to chat football or anything else.

The Sparrow is quite small so fills up early but has been a massive hit since opening about two years ago. I haven't been in the New Beehive in a while but its nearby the ground and has a good selection of beers. Its a classic pub that has kept a lot of its charm. Jacob's Well is one I'd definitely recommend but it is a fair distance from the ground. But the plus side is that its city centre for those travelling by train into Bradford Interchange. Recently refurbished but again has kept its character and has a good outdoor drinking area if its a nice day.

Edited by Oliver's Shinpad

For a selection of ales you won't get better in Bradford City centre than the Fighting Cock. It is about a 20min mostly up hill walk to the ground but like I say, there will be plenty of people around to help with a taxi or share one as there is a rank just up the road. The atmosphere is very friendly and the locals will be happy to chat football or anything else.

The Sparrow is quite small so fills up early but has been a massive hit since opening about two years ago. I haven't been in the New Beehive in a while but its nearby the ground and has a good selection of beers. Its a classic pub that has kept a lot of its charm. Jacob's Well is one I'd definitely recommend but it is a fair distance from the ground. But the plus side is that its city centre for those travelling by train into Bradford Interchange. Recently refurbished but again has kept its character and has a good outdoor drinking area if its a nice day.

Cheers for that, the fighting cocks it is for me then. Where would you recommend for a curry after the game?

Definitely no beer served in the ground. The concourse of the stand is open and I think the law is that you can't have a beer and be able to view the pitch. Which is why they have them weird boxed off areas at MK Dons if anyone's been there. If you go into the overflow area in the Midland Road stand then there will be beer sold in there but I'd imagine you won't sell more than 1,800 which is the capacity of the Bradford End.
Curry wise, its personal preference really. My favourites are a little out of the City Centre on Leeds Road such as Akbars or Saffron Desi. But there are some good ones around the back of the Alhambra theatre such as Karachi, Rawals and Kashmir (Kashmir is a little bit on the grotty side but serves a decent curry). I've never been to Omar Khans but that is well-known city centre curry house which is also in the same area.

Cheap and cheerful lager places. There is a good Wetherspoons with a great outside area on City Park. For watching the lunchtime match there is the Arena Sports Bar on Queensgate. I would imagine The Bradford Arms is your best bet closer to the ground. There is also the Barracks which serves cheap bottles of lager on Lumb Lane, but that usually attracts a lot of younger home fans and I'm not sure if it would be any good for an away fan - I've never been in however. The City Gent at the top of North Parade might be a good option as well.

Edited by Oliver's Shinpad

Definitely no beer served in the ground. The concourse of the stand is open and I think the law is that you can't have a beer and be able to view the pitch. Which is why they have them weird boxed off areas at MK Dons if anyone's been there. If you go into the overflow area in the Midland Road stand then there will be beer sold in there but I'd imagine you won't sell more than 1,800 which is the capacity of the Bradford End.

Curry wise, its personal preference really. My favourites are a little out of the City Centre on Leeds Road such as Akbars or Saffron Desi. But there are some good ones around the back of the Alhambra theatre such as Karachi, Rawals and Kashmir (Kashmir is a little bit on the grotty side but serves a decent curry). I've never been to Omar Khans but that is well-known city centre curry house which is also in the same area.

Cheap and cheerful lager places. There is a good Wetherspoons with a great outside area on City Park. For watching the lunchtime match there is the Arena Sports Bar on Queensgate. I would imagine The Bradford Arms is your best bet closer to the ground. There is also the Barracks which serves cheap bottles of lager on Lumb Lane, but that usually attracts a lot of younger home fans and I'm not sure if it would be any good for an away fan - I've never been in however. The City Gent at the top of North Parade might be a good option as well.

The Kashmir it is. It will be like home from home, cheers.