SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON?

So lets get it right.

You buy a ticket for which you get a product, the game itself.

You may buy a shirt in the club shop for which you get a shirt.

You may buy something else in there but I would guess half on here have bought nothing for a number of years.

For this you now need to know every detail of every decision ever made including confirmation or denial of every rumour with an announcement even though 90% of things on here are opinion from a made up source or just bollox!

Why?

I bet you spend more in Morrisons/ asda/ aldi etc. Do they tell you whenever they move the fookin tomato sauce to a different isle?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets get it right.

You may buy something else in there but I would guess half on here have bought nothing for a number of years.

For this you now need to know every detail of every decision ever made including confirmation or denial of every rumour with an announcement even though 90% of things on here are opinion from a made up source or just bollox!

Why?

I bet you spend more in Morrisons/ asda/ aldi etc. Do they tell you whenever they move the fookin tomato sauce to a different isle?

Ok I will state the obvious and waste my time on this post....

I am guessing most of us here won't be going to a different provider for our football when the product on offer is seriously :censored:e and over priced. I doubt many of us will throw money into begging buckets when Asda falls on hard times... etc etc etc

Its not the same and it should never be.

Edited by oafc0000

So lets get it right.

Why?

Spot on.

The thirst for knowledge of everything takes the piss.

Where has this attitude developed from? JW Lees would still be involved now if they'd have had such an easy ride.

I guess we have lost the good fight...

So would the same people with this toxic view point now push the idea that the trust should give up its 3% share and surrender its seat on the board as its not any of our business.

Not really...

Its the same old boring rhetoric that has little in relation..

Please correct me if I'm wrong but you no longer buy the product on offer? Have you started going to games again?

You still want answers about how your hard earned money is not being spent by the club?

If that is the case why should the club answer to you? Or anyone who criticises from afar?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but you no longer buy the product on offer? Have you started going to games again?

You still want answers about how your hard earned money is not being spent by the club?

If that is the case why should the club answer to you? Or anyone who criticises from afar?

I don't go to the games at the moment... But as I stated in my point above I am not buying a different football product from elsewhere either... Which only goes further to rubbish your point....

The club shouldn't answer to "me" on a personal level. I am not a member of the trust and I am not a paying supporter at the moment... For me to say it should answer to "me" would be laughable...

But we aren't talking about "me"... We are talking about "us"... The collective body of supporters...

But you talk about "me" to try to ignore you made a piss poor and irrational point above about supermarkets as if it was relevant....

Edited by oafc0000

It has to be said that the shop in its current guise must be struggling ?, a manageress and other staff to pay as well as the other overheads its surely run at a loss.

Shows through the lack of stock two months into the season. The none re-stocking of kids/baby kits to which a few have complained and got nowhere trying to get one.

The shop is a shambles, but could be something better. Getting a nike/adidas big brand on board could surely help more, as opposed to having a :censored:e fila brand again.

Why not just move it all online ?

I'm no Alan Sugar but I'm going to suggest that having a physical store where there's a potential for passing trade (such as a matchday) makes it worthwhile compared to having people turn up at the stadium with cash in pockets and telling them to get an iPhone and a signal.

I'm intrigued now - is it going to be a sportswear shop where they'll sell three quarter lengths & stripey jumpers but alongside Latics merchandise?

Makes sense I suppose if that can make the club more than Latique/WE ARE LATICS has done.

I went in a couple of times in the past when I'd been paid with the intention of buying the kids something, anything but came out empty handed.

It was disappointing but understandable as the club can't afford to order too much stock or too many lines that might well never sell to our ever decreasing fanbase.

If anyone from the club reads this - please FFS make sure there won't be United, City or any other clubs tops in there.

thats all well and good bit why do we find out through chinese whispers or tenth hand information ?

That's life and it isn't exclusive to OAFC.

The issue is not necesserily the rumours, it's what people do with them. For example, passing on chinese whispers without knowing the source of such rumours and if you have ever had a go at the chinese whispers game, you will know how the information can easily become distorted. The PCW thread is a great example, it took me a couple of mins to find proof of the inaccuracy which suggests the OP could have found it himself with a bit more research. It could have been a serious question, but then again the OP could have asked whether this was the same company, he didn't, he assumed it was.

I'm no Alan Sugar but I'm going to suggest that having a physical store where there's a potential for passing trade (such as a matchday) makes it worthwhile compared to having people turn up at the stadium with cash in pockets and telling them to get an iPhone and a signal.

Passing trade by and large is ONLY going to happen on Match days given the location of BP. You could use temporary wagons / carts to sell on match days and then the rest of the time covered by online...