SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON?

Really?

I was well impressed when I saw they had a pub in Prestatyn (or somewhere like that).

My mate from Anglesey told me they had a few, that was back in the late 90s. He said people would walk for miles for a delicious pint of Best

What LL said, plus they were/are in South Wales too, I think my Dad, who is Welsh, had a pint of Lees' in Wales before he ever came up here in the late 70s.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's close to Boundary Park and has free parking. Lot's of people use elk mill and also probably buy shirts from JD Sports, which won't be an option if we move kit supplier.

Oldham town centre costs to park and has relatively no good shops left bar Debenhams.

I'm pretty sure Elk Mill would be a viable option, if we were to shut the club shop.

The rent would be pretty high and is their actually any space?

They could close Nando's or Frankie & Benny's - I know I'd rather eat a matchworn shirt.

Well the club do know of this site and often make comments about opinions expressed here. It surely wouldn't take too much for them to address the fans concerns. Also, I would like, but don't expect, Latics to be a bit more on the front foot regarding their communication with fans. It appears that so many times the club denies or refutes 'speculation' instead of telling us more initially.

I've trawled through six pages now and apologies if I missed it but what else is going on?

Are we changing kit manufacturer? Presumably so from all the kits being changed... Could just be changing sponsor again though for all we know.

Is the club shop closing down? We don't know, OAFC_Ryan knows something from the grapevine but won't spill.

Please clarify...?

I've trawled through six pages now and apologies if I missed it but what else is going on?

Are we changing kit manufacturer? Presumably so from all the kits being changed... Could just be changing sponsor again though for all we know.

Is the club shop closing down? We don't know, OAFC_Ryan knows something from the grapevine but won't spill.

Please clarify...?

I'm not the only one, others have hinted at what's going on. I don't want to cause a meltdown over nothing till it's confirmed.

I do scratch my head whenever I go into the shop as to how we can afford to pay staff wages, heating, lighting, tea, radio etc

Would make sense to trade online apart from match days or when tickets on sale for cup matches and passing trade justifies the place being open

Stock is questionable too...apart from the strips, what else of interest is there? That Fila black funnel neck track top looked decent but wasn't on open sale.

Whoever the kit manufacturer is I reckon the design should be retro for next season like the Spall kit of the 80s.

Edited by Midsblue

Come on posters, please stop posting in riddles and post in Plain English

Don't need to name sources but what is supposedly happening and any early descriptions of the new kits - colour, design, manufacturer, sponsor...so we can get the mock ups in circulation from our talented artists

The only thing which I can confirm about what I have been told is that we will be back in tangerine for away.

Also the possibility of the older fans being happy with the home shirt

Like this?

$_12.JPG

Edited by BP1960

Come on posters, please stop posting in riddles and post in Plain English

Don't need to name sources but what is supposedly happening and any early descriptions of the new kits - colour, design, manufacturer, sponsor...so we can get the mock ups in circulation from our talented artists

The club shop is turning into a Sports Direct.

Allegedly.