Local Media this season

Local Media  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who has provided the best latics coverage this season?

• Manchester Evening News
    • Oldham Chronicle
    • Both equally as good

Seems to me that the general reporting on latics has vastly improved this season with the use of social media becoming increasingly important

I think both Mike and Matt deserve enormous credit for what they have done this year and long may it continue but it seems to me that the MEN is stealing the march when it comes to scoops!

Thoughts?

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

Matt and Mike are a major asset to our club. Both die hard fans, report on regional football and quick to link Oldham wherever in social media.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I believe that whilst Matt may well be a die-hard fan, he's a die-hard Bradford City fan.

Always enjoyed the daily coverage you get with the Chron, and it's improved a lot since Matt took over. His match reports are really good reads, and he seems to be able to get interesting interviews. That said, Mike is as good in his own way and does seem to be getting the scoops.

I enjoy both reporters' writing. Both are witty and make often dull games interesting so I have no preference in that respect. Also appreciate their Twitter feeds commentating from away games especially.

However, Mike seems to get the more significant scoops over Matt. Then again, the Chron has more thorough coverage of day to day news from the club from a more neutral perspective.

They do a good job.

Edited by NewBlue

• 1 month later...