JCH Leaving

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do sell him, I don't want him back on loan.

It doesn't benefit us to put up with his inconsistencies.

We should try and bring in someone more experienced, even if that means waiting for the loan window. Forte is on form fortunately, it's not like we're losing our only goal threat.

This is where I'm at. We have enough youngsters to play up front without having one loaned back to us.

I heard last week that Wolves was interested and already in talks. Same person said Clarke was being offered in return but I heard that both were loans with view permanent in January.

I threw this out yesterday to see if anyone heard similar plus to LJ via twitter this morning. Amazed if true as my sources are often tripe unless it midlands players. That said same source was correct on Kilkenny a while back.

We will unlikely get a good fee for him and our lack of striking alternatives makes this a slightly bizarre move. Unless they have offered us something we cannot refuse and have paid over the odds or the club is in a worse financial state than we'd thought.

I'm not joining the Leon Clarke love in either.

Edited by GlossopLatic

JCH is 20 years old built like a man with pace to burn and a rocket shooting ability...enough for good coaches to work with and develop a good championship striker...we may never have the resources to get him to that level and so cashing in if the offers right may be our only choice.

Gutted to see Chesterfield get another good player in Sam Clucas...this is the type of player I would prefer rather than an 'experienced' player who is over 30 commanding higher wGes and on his way down

I've criticised the club for underselling players in the past and cashing in too soon but some people's ideas about an asking price for JCH are beyond ludicrous. If we can get a couple of hundred grand, take it and run.

To be honest the money now isn't the most important thing. The sell on clause is the thing that could be really lucrative.

2011 → Chesterfield (loan) 14 (9)

20122013 Charlton Athletic 7 (0)

2012 → Crawley Town (loan) 3 (1)

2012 → Scunthorpe United (loan) 15 (11)

2013 → Coventry City (loan) 1 (0)

20132014 Coventry City 34 (23)

2014 - Wolverhampton 13 (1)

In 87 games since 2011 he has scored 41 goals in this league. That is very nearly a goal every other game. This includes a lot of time on wolves bench.

I genuinely dont understand how someone wouldn't want him?

(Im adding those up quickly in my head on the bus, if the maths is :censored:)

Edited by pukka

Whether he's good or :censored:e is immaterial at this point. The way we've recruited over the summer mean he is the one we're banking on scoring goals. It's too late in the day to replace him unless someone of Clarke's ilk is lined up.

He's got a long contract. We can sell in January or the summer. But if we sell now the goals won't be coming from anywhere until 2015 and that's worrying.

2011 → Chesterfield (loan) 14 (9)

20122013 Charlton Athletic 7 (0)

2012 → Crawley Town (loan) 3 (1)

2012 → Scunthorpe United (loan) 15 (11)

2013 → Coventry City (loan) 1 (0)

20132014 Coventry City 34 (23)

2014 - Wolverhampton 13 (1)

In 87 games since 2011 he has scored 41 goals in this league. That is very nearly a goal every other game. This includes a lot of time on wolves bench.

I genuinely dont understand how someone wouldn't want him?

(Im adding those up quickly in my head on the bus, if the maths is :censored:)

I didn't realise that was his record which when you put it like that is quite impressive and gives me more encouragement.

But he's been a nomadic striker who's never been anywhere for too long plus it's adding to the turnover of players. We can't build anything at all going through players like this.

I trust that's a whoosh?!

He'd be perfect for us...a poacher, in the right place at right time and someone who would be brilliant alongside Forte.

I'm of understanding that LJ is very keen on him too but always out of our range. He was interested in pre-season but unsure why it never happened. However, Wolves have upped their interest, Clarke has realised that he won't get many games and despite Jackett stating last week that Clarke needs to fight for a starting berth, I understand Wolves are keen to swap the two and it wouldn't surprise me that this deal means we get Clarke and don't have to cough up loads to Posh for JCH sell-on.

Whether he's good or :censored:e is immaterial at this point. The way we've recruited over the summer mean he is the one we're banking on scoring goals. It's too late in the day to replace him unless someone of Clarke's ilk is lined up.

He's got a long contract. We can sell in January or the summer. But if we sell now the goals won't be coming from anywhere until 2015 and that's worrying.

When I say we should let him go for a reasonable fee, that's on the basis we have a striker lined up. To be honest we needed another striker before this news. But if Johnson's plan is to use JCH as his main striker all season, I think we can look forward to League Two next season.

Signing JCH on a long contract was very shrewd of us. There's a quality player in there but needs time, which we can't afford to devote. Wolves in other hand can sign him up, whatever it costs is chicken feed to Morgan and Jackett can develop the lad from the bench. JCH is a completely different player to Clarke and Dicko; we need a completely different striker to JCH as Forte is delivering what JCH is struggling to do at moment. Clarke is less of a gamble for us and ready made on the goal scoring front.

My only concern is if we're selling only and still cannot afford Clarke but gambling on a loan post window.

I trust that's a whoosh?!

He'd be perfect for us...a poacher, in the right place at right time and someone who would be brilliant alongside Forte.

I'm of understanding that LJ is very keen on him too but always out of our range. He was interested in pre-season but unsure why it never happened. However, Wolves have upped their interest, Clarke has realised that he won't get many games and despite Jackett stating last week that Clarke needs to fight for a starting berth, I understand Wolves are keen to swap the two and it wouldn't surprise me that this deal means we get Clarke and don't have to cough up loads to Posh for JCH sell-on.

See the Richards deal a straight swap would mean we would have to still give a % of the valuation if the fee.

I just have my doubts about a player who has already played for half the football league and hasn't settled anywhere, he would only come on loan so would be gone by next summer at the latest. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

The lights are still on at the ground and Ian hill has just rolled up.....don't know if that means anything?

Ian's bought the colour swatches and carpet off cuts ready to discuss at board meeting tomorrow regarding the new stand corporate boxes.

I reckon JCH would fetch £800k. Clarke worth around £300k. Posh due around 35% of the £500k. That leaves around £350k. We can have an extra 5mm on the shag