attendancies

The match day experience is pretty bad at the Sportsdirect.com. Ground regulations are the same for everyone but most places do it better than us. Even MK Mongs allow people outside for a smoke at half-time.

But if you want a decent match day experience, you might want to try non-league football. 2856 watched Dulwich Hamlet in the Isthmian League yesterday. You can have a pint (and a fag if you like) standing by the touchline. You can even take your own in. You can nip out to Sainsburys at half-time for a scotch egg and a bottle of pop, or a packet of fags and some lagers. And it's £10 to get in. (Everyone I saw paid the regular admission price, even though it was pay-what-you-want day.)

Best chant of the day: we're the famous Dulwich Hamlet and we're off to Tuscany.

Who did Dulwich play was it a promo or is that there current average?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away support averaging 600 probably the best we have had in a long time

Swindon was decent for a Tuesday night and Col U was decent but was the opening game

The others like for like are no better if not worse than previous years

Preston we have taken more on night match than we did on a Saturday this year

Donny was 600 ish which is no better than we have taken their before

Notts this week was the usual number

Swindon was decent for a Tuesday night and Col U was decent but was the opening game

The others like for like are no better if not worse than previous years

Preston we have taken more on night match than we did on a Saturday this year

Donny was 600 ish which is no better than we have taken their before

Notts this week was the usual number

Always remember in the early 2000 if we took that to Notts County it been seen as bad following, saying that its ground many people have visted over the years so 600 about right. 200 at Swindon on tuesday was impressive.

Who did Dulwich play was it a promo or is that there current average?

They played Richmond, who brought about 100. The promo was pay what you want - most people I saw paid the normal admission price of £10. Kids free. Teens a fiver. Helped by nice weather and no games for Palace or Milwall, which are a couple or three train stops or a bus ride away. They got 800 for Tuesday night's game.

The hair really stood up on the back of your neck when Richmond took the Dulwich end with their famous battle cry, "Rah Rah Rah, We're going to smash the Oink! " but theyhadn't reckoned with Dulwich pelting them with handfuls of Krugerands with sharpened edges.

Edited by leeslover

The hair really stood up on the back of your neck when Richmond took the Dulwich end with their famous battle cry, "Rah Rah Rah, We're going to smash the Oink! " but theyhadn't reckoned with Dulwich pelting them with handfuls of Krugerands with sharpened edges.

I've heard good things about the Hog Roasts in that part of the world, but describing it like that is a new one on me.

I've heard good things about the Hog Roasts in that part of the world, but describing it like that is a new one on me.

I still can't work out it this is an allegation that the folk of Dulwich are bestial necrophiliacs? Seems a bit of an escalation from calling them posh.

Is it true both sets of fans came together in a moving moment to sing this to the tune of Yellow Submarine?

"We all pay additional rate tax, additional rate tax, additional rate tax"

Is it true both sets of fans came together in a moving moment to sing this to the tune of Yellow Submarine?

"We all pay additional rate tax, additional rate tax, additional rate tax"

Yes, and then Mr Tulsehill led them in a second verse of, "Pay my mansion tax due to social equity, social equity, social equity."

Yes, and then Mr Tulsehill led them in a second verse of, "Pay my mansion tax due to social equity, social equity, social equity."

"There is a gap, THERE IS A GAP!

There is a gap, THERE IS A GAP!

There is a gap between rich and poor,

There is a gap, and it's growing

There is a gap between rich and poor"

3800 yesterday... 400 from them

7 unbeaten sitting 10th in the league and the gates don't seem to be even adding a 100 to them! having said that, rochdale doing even better then us and on the back of a promotion season and still struggling to get 3000 home fans

7 unbeaten sitting 10th in the league and the gates don't seem to be even adding a 100 to them! having said that, rochdale doing even better then us and on the back of a promotion season and still struggling to get 3000 home fans

saw something a few week ago saying the Stockport County get better gates than Rochdale, before we everyone starts sniggering they wasn't to far behind us either :blush:

The requirements to increase attendances:

1) Win home games.

2) Score more goals when winning home games.

3) Sustain (1) and (2) over an extended period.

4) Get into the top 6.

5) Play sexy football while delivering the above.