David Broadbent leaving

Hmmm very strange considering the position both clubs are in both on and off the field. Must be a very big salary.

He is a latics fan as well aint he?

Sometimes a new challenge starts the fire burning again. Perhaps he had thought he could do no more here, or as you say it could be the salary.

Hmmm very strange considering the position both clubs are in both on and off the field. Must be a very big salary.

He is a latics fan as well aint he?

Had a really good chat on Saturday. He has the impression that doing good work for two different clubs will look a lot better on his CV than at just one club, with the goal of one day getting a position at a Premier League club. Also there's a lot more work to be done there, so any commercial progress they make will again reflect well on him.

And also, they are away when we play at home, so he's really looking forward to sitting in the stands as a fan for the first time in a long time!

He's always been up for a chat, even spending a good 5 minutes talking on his last day. Good luck to him!

If we have SportsDirect.com PArk, what is he going to call PRenton Park...?

Just kidding.

I doubted it was just the salary.

And noting how we are now going for Commercial Director, is a bit suprsing, as we have tried that route quite a few times.

ARe we not combining two roles here, with the other chap who joined the board recently who was commercially orientated?

What happened to him?

Just kidding.

And noting how we are now going for Commercial Director, is a bit suprsing, as we have tried that route quite a few times.

ARe we not combining two roles here, with the other chap who joined the board recently who was commercially orientated?

What happened to him?

This chap?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140717-new-director-1757395.aspx

Having looked at the job description I get the impression the Commercial Director role is more aligned to getting maximum return out of the new stand and all the opportunities that come with it.....there was no way that Broady and Jenny could manage their current roles and take on the new stand so for my money it's a good idea!

Just kidding.

What happened to him?

He went to the Notts County game, so he should still be about. I doubt given his age he is a full-time member of the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a really good chat on Saturday. He has the impression that doing good work for two different clubs will look a lot better on his CV than at just one club, with the goal of one day getting a position at a Premier League club. Also there's a lot more work to be done there, so any commercial progress they make will again reflect well on him.

And also, they are away when we play at home, so he's really looking forward to sitting in the stands as a fan for the first time in a long time!

He's always been up for a chat, even spending a good 5 minutes talking on his last day. Good luck to him!

If there is quite a bit to be done, it also means there are probably a few easy win changes that can be made that he knows will work.