Going back a bit: Jason Rockett, Cliff Hercules, and somebody call Jim Steel.

Ian Ironside, ex Scarborough goalkeeper.

Gordon Armstrong, ex Sunderland midfielder.

Cannon of Rochdale would be a blast.

Edited by BP1960

Chron is claiming Kelly has enquired about signing Max Power from Tranmere.

Thoughts?

More chance of landing Paul Power

This was the lad getting interest from Celtic, Rangers etc last season due to his ability on the ball, attacking style and chipping in with 13 goals from 52 appearances. That's 1 every 4 games which is pretty decent albeit at League 2 level.

Edited by Geordie Blue

One of the staff - possibly the physio - has been on claytons with someone in club kit th last 2 lunchtimes doing basic skill work and shuttle runs. Facially I thought the lad looked like Winchester but his build was bigger. He had the body movements similar to how Kilkenny ran around but again was taller. A quick look on google and the pics of this Power guy makes me think it could be him? Will try and get a pic tomorrow when I take the dog out again.

One of the staff - possibly the physio - has been on claytons with someone in club kit th last 2 lunchtimes doing basic skill work and shuttle runs. Facially I thought the lad looked like Winchester but his build was bigger. He had the body movements similar to how Kilkenny ran around but again was taller. A quick look on google and the pics of this Power guy makes me think it could be him? Will try and get a pic tomorrow when I take the dog out again.

No doubt this will be one of the youth team lads wanting to get ahead in preseason

Quite like that Kelly is showing a bit of ambition with his targets, even if we won't sign them - with Wigan being in for Power he must be sought after.

So far we've been linked with 3 and I've heard of all of them. Impressive stats there.

Power attended Wirral Grammar School for Boys, and is named after his parents' pet labrador.[4] He once feared that he was named after Homer Simpson's alter ego in The Simpsons episode "Homer to the Max", before discovering that the episode aired when he was six years old.[4] He has also posed for a motoring magazine which shares his name.[4] Power has a son, Max, Jr.[4]

Quite like that Kelly is showing a bit of ambition with his targets, even if we won't sign them - with Wigan being in for Power he must be sought after.

So far we've been linked with 3 and I've heard of all of them. Impressive stats there.

In that case Messi should be the next target