Jim Harvey joins coaching team

As much as I am for giving young freshly qualified managers with new ideas a chance. We mustn't underestimate what an experienced coach can give us. My only worry would be that his experience and knowledge is at a lower level than the one we are at now. But overall I think it's the right kind of move, I'd have been worried about going into the new season without DK and DH having an old head to give sage advice when needed.

We cried out for an experienced head with Shez, Dickov & Judas........Tick in the box for me. I get the impression that DK has a way he wants to do things but it will be good to have Harvey there to do a bit of scouting or bounce ideas off especially when times inevitably get tough

As much as I am for giving young freshly qualified managers with new ideas a chance. We mustn't underestimate what an experienced coach can give us. My only worry would be that his experience and knowledge is at a lower level than the one we are at now. But overall I think it's the right kind of move, I'd have been worried about going into the new season without DK and DH having an old head to give sage advice when needed.

Where is the mentioned 'international' experience?

Jim Harvey took Morecambe from nothing and laid the very sound foundations for McIlroy to get them into the football league

His old captain is now the present manager and like Mr Harvey he's doing a fantastic job with extremely limited funds.

I knew Jim Harvey personally and he's going to be a real guiding influence to the younger players, After all he was instrumental in creating a youth academy and football in the community at Morecambe with the likes of Perkins and Thompson making it to Championship sides

He even played for Arsenal!

This is a superb appointment for the club

saw Stalybridge play under him and heard him speak after the game , played in right style for me . good appointment imo

had the great luck to watch his stalybridge side rip promotion chasing Droylesden a new one a few years ago as stated plays the game the right way nice to watch and effective

had the great luck to watch his stalybridge side rip promotion chasing Droylesden a new one a few years ago as stated plays the game the right way nice to watch and effective

So he might bring in Connor Jennings?

Interesting to read Harvey will be head of 'scouring and talent-spotting'. Clearly got a brief of non-league players.

And having watched quite a bit of local non-league, Jennings was too good for that level but not sure he could step up this high. Also I think he had a very serious leg break at Scunny that kept him out for a long time, then he rarely got a chance afterwards. Not scored many since except from a brilliant loan at Macc though.

Interesting to read Harvey will be head of 'scouring and talent-spotting'. Clearly got a brief of non-league players.

And having watched quite a bit of local non-league, Jennings was too good for that level but not sure he could step up this high. Also I think he had a very serious leg break at Scunny that kept him out for a long time, then he rarely got a chance afterwards. Not scored many since except from a brilliant loan at Macc though.

Well some of those sinks in the gents in the Main stand paddock could certainly do with a going over, how much time will that leave for the talent spotting part of his portfolio though?