Abdallah Lemsagam Poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does Lemsagam owe us ka-myoo-ni-ka-shun & a Plan?

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Biting us on the bum this now..... there can surely be no excuses not to sort it out over the summer?

Wasn't biting us on the bum when Wild was the manager. Personally trying to play football in the winter at Boundary Park is asking for trouble since 1992.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it wasn’t but It’s only really deteriorated since the covers failed trying to get the original Morecambe fixture on. To be fair I don’t think Wild has overseen a home game since FGR on 12th January and up until then the pitch wasn’t too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, lookersstandandy said:

We’ve heard nothing of substance thus far, does he now owe us a description of his plan?

- OAFC2004 Ltd makes a loss every year. In normal Limited company circumstances, this is not sustainable. Are you [AL] going to cover that loss and write it off every year until you can make it profitable? i.e You will not saddle OAFC2004 Ltd with Director loans that it has to pay back if/when you come to sell it?

- In order to achieve this, you will need to target an increase in revenue from player transfers and supporter numbers. How are you going to do this?

- Are you going to increase the playing budget so we can attract / sign more expensive [and hopefully therefore better] players, or are you going to operate within the same budget restrictions as our previous owner(s)?

- We are aware you believe you can unearth talent from your extensive knowledge of the World/European player/transfer market, however what are your views of investing in the youth set up [scouts, coaches, facilities] in an attempt to increase the frequency of & profit from home grown talent?

- Will it be possible to reduce the reliance on a procession of loans, rewarding prospects with good contracts and putting an end to selling cheap?

- We hope an improvement in the team's performance will attract/bring more fans back, however will you also address some of the obvious inadequate facilities in the 3 stands you own and find a way of getting Blitz/Gazal to complete the fans bar on the top floor of the north stand? Possibly through part or complete funding yourself and/or striking a deal that sees an increase in revenue for the club from the OEC?

- Will you invest in a new pitch and upgrade/improve the training facilities?

- Finally, will you work closely with OACT and the Marketing/Media team to do more to promote the club to the wider Oldham community including a better funded Boundary Blues with improved facilities/Events?

I refer the honourable ladies and gentlemen of OWTB back to this!

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We can only dream about stuff like this currently..... I would be over the moon with such foresight, forward thinking, medium-long term investment such as this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47811428

They cheated to get there and had a Russian owner (spurious levels of hidden wealth) chucking money at them....you do know that?  Penalties should be harsher including relegation imo.  It’s essentially fraud. Cheat by spending big to get to the Prem and the financial rewards.  They probably overspent by around £50m in the promotion year.  Scandalous. It’s not a ‘plan’, it’s just throwing questionable money at it.  It will never happen here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-7-6m-after-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules

Just now, kowenicki said:

They cheated to get there and had a Russian owner (spurious levels of hidden wealth) chucking money at them....you do know that?  Penalties should be harsher including relegation imo.  It’s essentially fraud. Cheat by spending big to get to the Prem and the financial rewards.  They probably overspent by around £50m in the promotion year.  Scandalous. It’s not a ‘plan’, it’s just throwing questionable money at it.  It will never happen here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-7-6m-after-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules

It did happen here. Moore. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They cheated to get there and had a Russian owner (spurious levels of hidden wealth) chucking money at them....you do know that?

Yes, I do know that.... but there is nothing stopping the owner of a football club devising a Plan that puts money aside - whether from income generated, or gifted aka 'football fortune income' - for capital expenditure / infrastructure projects. See Benham @ Brentford, or Pilley @ Fleetwood for smaller scale examples.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It did happen here. Moore. 

....on credit, as opposed to with his own money.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Yes, I do know that.... but there is nothing stopping the owner of a football club devising a Plan that puts money aside - whether from income generated, or gifted aka 'football fortune income' - for capital expenditure / infrastructure projects. See Benham @ Brentford, or Pilley @ Fleetwood for smaller scale examples.

....on credit, as opposed to with his own money.

Agreed, those are better, more realistic and relevant examples.

Bournemouth isn’t a good one, they are just financial cheats... there is no romance in ‘little’ Bournemouth’s achievements despite what Sky would have you believe. It’s grubby. 

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Pilley is a deeply unsavoury character.

I'm not passing judgement on his or Benham's character..... I'm pointing out they both have Plans to improve the competitiveness of their respected football clubs/companies.....

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I'm not passing judgement on his or Benham's character..... I'm pointing out they both have Plans to improve the competitiveness of their respected football clubs/companies.....

By spending many millions.

Our current owner won't be doing the same no matter how much encouragement he is given to do so.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

No it didn’t. Nowhere near the same scale. 

If FFP or SCMP existed then I'm pretty sure it would have breached it. Was worse in a way given the subsequent clarity over Moore's activities. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Pilley is a deeply unsavoury character.

If it wasn’t for Pilley the kids around here wouldnt have the use of the poolfoot facilities which is available to all and keeps plenty off tge streets causing mischief..He might be dodgy but he puts plenty back into the community..

On a side note in the finances just released Fleetwood were losing 90k a week to survive in league one, paying big wages on crowds on 2500 isnt sustainable..

28 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

If it wasn’t for Pilley the kids around here wouldnt have the use of the poolfoot facilities which is available to all and keeps plenty off tge streets causing mischief..He might be dodgy but he puts plenty back into the community..

On a side note in the finances just released Fleetwood were losing 90k a week to survive in league one, paying big wages on crowds on 2500 isnt sustainable..

Deflection perhaps? 

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’d quite happily be taken over by some rich guy and “cheat” our way to the prem!

Me too. As long as it’s real wealth and not just loans. That always ends in tears. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes them Glaziers are struggling....

We are talking about building a lower league club (with smaller crowds than 75,000 and a global fan base of less than tens of millions) on loans.  Tad different. 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We are talking about building a lower league club (with smaller crowds than 75,000 and a global fan base of less than tens of millions) on loans.  Tad different. 

You claimed it always ends in tears

Archived